Planet of the Symbiotes (1/13/2021)

You are not lying…Once it hits the Key…lookout!!

1 Like

Because Key only causes FOMO… people react before thinking and verifying… it’s rather sad if you ask me.

3 Likes

“Issue is in condition pictured. Please examine pictures for condition. Will ship secure in gemini mailer.”

I never state a grade. If somebody wants a grade, they can buy a CGC book. I rarely have people pissing and moaning.

4 Likes

Exactly. Mass majority feel they have to have these books immediately. Causing mass hysteria. People buying high and selling lower than their buy in. But it’s great for the ones ahead of the game lol

I don’t know if that’s accurate. Those monkeys look pretty organized.

1 Like

First rule of selling raw books
1: never give grade. Grade is subjective. See pictures for estimated grade

You forgot… all books are also “rare”… it helps let buyers know they’re getting something truly special… :wink:

1 Like

The issue with that is that a fair amount of sellers then have one blurry photo to go by. A guy I work with is into comics and is always trying to sell me stuff. I’m like just send me pics of the books you’re selling. He then sends 2 pics in which you can make out 2 books out of 100.

This is all FB listings too… a huge, blurry box/table of comics and a message that you can “request more pictures” when you swipe to see them.

Well, yeah, you need high resolution photos. I get it in front of studio lighting and use my Nikon DSLR. Inspect the book for imperfections and, if you find one, tilt it towards the light and picture it with the light reflecting off the imperfection to give a sense of depth to the fold, ding, hole, cute, scuff, etc.

2 Likes

Comichron: January 2020 Comic Book Sales to Comics Shops

The print run on this is attractive. 24,326 for all first print variants.

1 Like

I actually post grades for all my comics and I do not buy from people who say “im not a professional grader, look at the pics and judge for yourself”. If you are buying and selling and collecting comics you know a general grade for the books you are buying and selling. If you don’t post a grade be it a letter like F or number like 6.0 I am passing your listing by. Pictures can be deceiving and hide defects and flaws.

1 Like

Just checked Ebay… no more than 10/12 listings. Nothing under $30. Wait till it hits Comic Tom’s top 10 video. FOMO will be at a fever by then. Right now it’s just warm… slight symptoms.

3 Likes

Just wait for the inevitable 2nd printing with him as plague on the cover

Comichron is no longer very reliable. It’s all estimates based on sales numbers he no longer gets from Diamond any longer. Take it with a grain of salt of just ballpark but it’s by no means the actual print run.

This might be closer since it was before the shutdowns but since April of last year, it’s all just hot garbage estimates. I no longer use comichron like I use to.

2 Likes

Agreed. This data is before the changes. It’s probably as reliable as it can be.

1 Like

I’m with you, @AngryMrBungle. I like people to say if they feel it is at least higher/mid/lower grade or not. If they’re just like, “Check my pics,” I get a little nervous.

1 Like

Ditto. If there is no mention of condition, I assume it is not good. I have also gotten the answer “I am not a professional grader so I would rather not say”. I did not ask what your professional opinion was, just give me NM of VF or something.

1 Like

Hate when people put “9.8” on raw books in listings

2 Likes

I just reply with… “All my comics are perfect and precious, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with them. Even their flaws are perfect to me!” :wink:

2 Likes