Planet of the Symbiotes (1/13/2021)

Well, I will sometimes say “at least near mint minus”, but I would never, even if in my opinion I think so, call a book near mint. Because: book arrives, purchaser dings the corner while unwrapping, they take a picture, file an ebay claim, i’m either out tons of wasted time arguing with them, or out money and the book.

I simply do not have time to argue condition with somebody. I’m sorry, I have a full time job that pays me much more per minute to be productive at that job than argue with people concerned about the difference between near mint minus and near mint. And in my off time? I’ll be damned if I’m going to spend it on ebay rather than with my family.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m the same. I make X amount per hour for my day job and contract work I do. I’m not gonna argue pennies on the dollar for some $5 to $10 book on eBay. And unless it’s $50 or more for a book, no, I’m not going to spend the time to snap better detailed pics just for you… I’ve gotten such requests for like $5 and $10 books… nope, not worth my effort to make the sale.

Agree - biggest pet peeves:

“Send this to CGC!!!” - if it was worthy of a CGC grade, why didn’t YOU send it?
“9.6 not 9.8!” - transparent way to get your 9.6 book in a 9.8 search

“not CGC”, “not Hulk 181”

I’m seriously just going to start putting “not Hulk 181” on all my titles.

5 Likes

When I find listings that are heavily spamming keywords I report them to eBay as it’s against the rules. Makes me feel warm and tingly inside.

2 Likes

Me too. If I have a minute or two to spare I do the same.

2 Likes