Possible Last Big Purchase

cause that one hasnt been pumped…yet. i cant help but feel sorry for the people that buy that stuff at inflated prices

Amazing Spider-Man #300 had a huge print run but high grades are through the roof especially 9.8 copies. If a character is super popular and not a flavor of the month there will always be demand even with a lot of copies. Spawn #1 is another one. Astronomical print run with copies everywhere but 9.8 copies go over $200 and climbing. Popular character = lots of demand.

3 Likes

Yes, GR has a lot of potential. If Marvel gives its the R (for horror) treatment it deserves rather than the PG-13, Nick Cage drek. Lots of potential for storytelling also…

Yeah UF4 is one sure thing, even with the hight print run, as many of the posters mention - good character, costume, potential, etc.

Black Cat/ASM 194 is a good spec at the right price, but not blue chip stuff. I’ve taken to imagining how the character would fit into a TV or movie, and it doesnt bode well for the Black Cat in the long run.

The DC stuff I’ll be honest I know very little of, and the characters seem too one-dimensional from a story point. DC keeps reinventing the big three (Supes/Bats/WW maybe Aquaman), in the comics and movies, and doesnt try to develop WELL, the lower rung characters. Instead of redoing a grittier Batman origin (again), may be they should have adapted the Court of Owls storyline. I honestly am worried about Black Adam. The only DC stuff thats good right now is Stargirl - dont have much to say about the comics.

The Joker movie was good but it was done as more of a slow burn rather than a superhero movie. I think the story of Etrigan with King Arthur + some horror, scifi elements could set up a whole bunch of good characters but again depends on a good story.

One more character that could be a good investment is X-23. The Logan movie was really good, and I am surprised that there was no building on it. So X-23 as an investment - NYX 3 or 4 ???

1 Like

I mean with the INFLATED PRICE (30% or greater ) and the current INFLATION going on, OFC with the Sales Tax and new income tax apply in 2022. Retirement seems to be the wise choice going forward… T_T… By the way, I’m with you on the older books, but what can I really get beside an ASM 94 (Blackcat) or something half decent with BLUECHIP certainty. It seems like UF4 is the clear winner even though I’m a DC guy, but I guess the point the here is being smart. I was too fixated while I got back in 10 years back (wow time really flies…), I totally missed the Marvel gravy train and wasn’t a CGC guy until it was too late… Well anyway, appreciate everyone feedback and wisdom.

Which previews issue is that?

I don’t think any previews have been pumped. In fact, I believe it’s quite the opposite. Most of the pumpers haven’t gotten their hands tens of copies of previews of spawn or miles, for example. On the other hand, they collectively have boxes of UF4 and Spawn 1s for them to pump sell rinse repeat.

#16 looks like people are now asking $200 for it I just bought a copy for $2.50 last month. I think the sketchbook predates it anyways.

Do you guys think it would be an idiot move to drop 2.5K for UF4 9.8. Honestly, seems like all the UF4 9.8 are going for 2.9-3K and 1K for UF4 9.6… Thought about getting 1 9.6 and try getting it pressed for 9.8. The more I see this book, I really feel like this will be the next ASM 300 in 10 years, may I dare say has a chance to match or surpass if the Miles step up his game. Can’t believe I’m saying this being in the DC (Got caught up with New 52) camp the last 10 years. Shouldn’t been fixated with the DC the last 10 years, missed on Saga 1 and all these Marvel Universe cross over… dang… Decision Decision.

uf4 is a lock, it will hover around 3k until casting or live action announcement than it spikes to 5k

4 Likes

I also believe UF4 is the safest bet going right now. Not an idiot move.

Also understand what you mean about the DC camp, as Rebirth helped woo me back to collecting. By and large, I believe they put out a better quality print product (paper, design, trade dress). But nearly all of my spec money is on Marvel for obvious reasons.

1 Like

I’d get 9.8 Daredevil #s 9 and 10 (Echo books). I just can’t see how there’s any place to go but up with those. Short and long term.

2 Likes

Yeah I think the way she’s portrayed so far with the sign language really makes her stand out. I think she’s a winner for Marvel but we’ll see. At around $700 for a 9.8, I think it’s as affordable as it’ll get unless she just suddenly disappears from the MCU.

I’m the opposite I think Echo doesn’t work on tv and film lost in the shuffle with subtitles and having to have an interpreter in the show for the few lines she has had so far.

2 Likes

I know miles goes for a lot now but it was a rather cheap book the whole decade prior. Also I believe Disney is going to turn him into Spin Spider and take away the Spider-Man moniker since Disney is doing this in their children’s cartoons already. If you believe Miles will further go up in value then you probably should go with a good looking raw for 1/5 the price of a cgc9.8 and have it graded yourself.

3 Likes

They made it work with Groot… I can see her getting a companion character like Rocket Raccoon to help the audience understand.

3 Likes

That poly bag is a killer and plus half of the people on the eBay tend to grade a VF as “NM”, if you got any suggestion, I’m all ear. P.S. Seems like people are selling the RAW about 800 which is crazy to me.

For me, anything over $500 slabbed or raw, I’d want to see in person before paying that amount of money for.

7 Likes

Best bet for uf4 is an older graded 9.6-9.4, and crack and press

1 Like

1 million copies of Darkhawk 1

1 Like