Posting Images?

I’d imagine with WP integration, there should be a way that users can post images in comments, right? Is CHU self-hosted or a Wordpress.com site?

You can import images here on the forum to display or link to them and they will display like on the main wordpress site.

1 Like

And just so others know, we do prefer links to images if possible. So be kind when uploading images, every image adds to storage that CHU pays for. :wink:

But please do share images, if you have to upload, you have to upload. But over time, there may be a time we clean up old images so don’t be alarmed if your post from 21 years ago loses it’s image… :wink:

Hopefully I’ll be able to figure out how to post images on here, since I never could on the main site.

1 Like

Just click reply or new topic and in the WYSIWYG menu option, click on the upload image to upload images. They are limited to 1MB in size though. Anything bigger you’ll want to link to another site that’s hosting it.

Ok, let me try. 1147fe4e-fb80-45a5-b4cb-085510c6dc98

Wow !!! That was really easy.

You can quote.

You can do private messages as well.

It’s hopefully gonna open up the community for sure. At least that’s the goal. :slight_smile:

You forgot to mention the best part, it comes with an Edit Button shaped like a pencil!!!

Am I missing something? Heres me posting an image… or maybe I’m just very late to this discussion lol…
If not then posting this GIF was very easy for me. (and that’s saying a lot!)…from a tablet too. I hope this is alright…
:smirk::call_me_hand:

tenor

1 Like

Hi poyo, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I can’t seem to be able to upload images. Followed the instructions and my images are 100kb, really small but I keep getting an error message that it can’t upload. I’ve uploaded images before without any problems.

Anyone else having issues posting?

I can’t post larger than 1meg, and no more than two per post.

Yeah, 1MB and two per post as designed.

Yup, that’s my issue.

Not just your issue, that’s everyone’s issue. I just need to know if anyone else is having issues uploading just 1 image that’s not over 1MB. So I can isolate to single user or something bigger.

Hi poyo, I got it fixed now. Apparently it was my connection. Thx.

1 Like

I hate to be that IT guy but I figured it was since nobody else was claiming the same issue. But that’s what I wanted to confirm. Then this @D-Rog guy came along trying to claim issues… pffttt… he’s got issues alright… in the head! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I suppose if I complained everyone else would agree…then it’d get “fixed”.

But honestly it just keeps me from posting awesome gifs…so it’s all your losses!

2 Likes

Can you imagine the storage costs and load times if we allowed images bigger than 1MB and people could post more than 2 per post? Once upon a time we had a user who felt the need to post 8MB size images of his rat dog… so yeah, all it takes is 1 user to prompt a new “policy” that ruins the fun for everyone else.

1 Like