Prayers for my boy

I made Coach a deal. I told him if he did well for 5 days I would take him to the DOG park. While he does seem trained and behaved I haven’t tested him without a leash and sometimes he goes in attack mode when taking him for a walk.

So he did well, and last night about 11pm I took him to the dog park and there is a hidden back dog park behind the larger one, you can view it here.

. Well he started eating the grass which is good for him and his digestion. We played tag for about 10 minutes. I didn’t want to overdo it. After Tag I said to myself… He is BACK.!!

Sure enough this morning I awoke to him licking my face at 5am.

On another note… the other night at 429 I woke up to him pushing back and shielding me from something. He was growling at the couch/wall. I asked him what was wrong but he would not let me get around him as he was pushing me back with his body as he growled. I finally got around him, checked the apartment, went out front door and checked, nothing but he was pushing me away from the other couch. Could have he seen a GHOST or something? I do not know… but he was growling at something I could not see…

4 Likes

Mouse under the couch. Or mice in the walls. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

ghost mouse?

Ghost Mouse…the next Miles??

2 Likes

Paranormal peeps do say that animals (specially dogs and cats) are more sensitive to ghosts and spirits allegedly, so it could’ve been. Along with babies and kids.

3 Likes

Yup. My oldest when he was little had a ghost friend named “Dude” who was black and his school burned down. I sould always see my son playing with his friend. So had a serious conversation with “Dude” and 2 weeks later he left.

2 Likes

I wanted to take a quick minute to Thank everyone who helped out in some shape or form. Whether it was a prayer or good vibe, a donation, or even buying something from me on eBay. It was much appreciated.

My days of aggressive comic book collecting are pretty much over. I am not saying I won’t be collecting but my FOMO has pretty much gone away. I’ll be hanging around, I’ll occasionally pop up and chime in one something. I’m just reassessing my personal priorities.

A lot of things happened to me these last 2 months. These past 2 months have challenged me in ways I could never have imagined. I lost some good friends to death. My dog got sick. My car broke down. I treated a friend to lunch the other day because I wanted to do something nice just because for someone else. Maybe doing so would make me realize how many blessings I really got. They started telling me their problems. I realized I am so focused on me that I make my problems bigger than they really are by focusing on the bad instead of the lessons I’ve learned during these trials. While I see myself as succeeding everyday just by surviving, I hope that when I get some real long term wins, that I continue to remain humble and continue to show real humility.
Thank You for listening. Some things are really HARD for me to say out loud.

14 Likes

It happens to us all. Stay strong, and I hope both you and your dog are enjoying your time together. :paw_prints:

4 Likes

I’m still going after SW HR #7 AFV like crazy. Anything under $11 that includes shipping and it’s mine.

I’m very happy to see that you had a “eureka moment”. It takes some real guts to step back and look at yourself and critique or look at the world around you through a different set of eyes.

I’ve traveled and lived in quite a few places around the world, and I can tell you there are much much worse places to live. Even when you compare our poorest people to other countries. I don’t want this to turn into a political post but we Americans are very fortunate to be born and raised here, and I think a lot of people don’t know it.

I wish you all the luck in your newfound free time and remember that the only thing we can’t get back is time. (regardless of how many comic books you read :wink: )

7 Likes

Dog is doing great!
Stronger & Stronger every day. :slight_smile: I have to use a transitional leash which I’m struggling with him with it.

6 Likes

Newest addition to the family… my daughter’s European Doberman… Kobe!!!

10 Likes

Make sure you add this picture to
The Pets of Chu

Coach is up to 87lbs. I learned how to give him Vitamin B12 Shots today to administer to him.

5 Likes

Coach hasn’t been good last couple of days. Lots of panting and refuses to drink water. I noticed he was not picking at grass when I took him out.

LAst night I had taco Tuesday at a local filibertos (a chain of mexican food) cause Tacos were 89 cents so I ordered a good 6 tacos. They gave me a huge side of chopped up lettuce which I shared with Coach and he went to town like it was Prime Rib. :slight_smile: Hopefully it will aid his digestion…

3 Likes

Recently i had my Dog Coach take a titer test to check his immune levels. His “Valley Fever” test came back negative so this is a win but he will stay on the medication he is on for life. Such great improvement since a year ago when he almost died. I want to Thank Everyone still who reached out with assistance. I can never Thank You enough.

He recently weighed in at 108 lbs. .

18 Likes

Coach was recently featured on the 'Don’t Leave Me" page which promotes passing along information of not leavin your pets in the car in the summer.

In Arizona it is against the law to.leave your pets in the car in the Heat/Summer but if you come across one you can legally break the window and not get charged with any crime.

Anyways it was posted on Facebook. Take a peek, hit a lik, comment or share! Thanks.

2 Likes

Fun Fact: I was arrested in a Target parking lot or shattering a car window and rescuing a Yellow Lab that was in heat distress. Charges were latter dropped due to community support. I would do it again…every time. I also happen to like animals more than people…people suck.

12 Likes

Bravo and amen!

1 Like

Coach turned 2 years today (according to when i adopted him)

To see his cake and his pics.

4 Likes