Prayers for my boy

Coach has been crying and favoring under his mouth (near where I found the cactus thorn) and he cries every so often I’m assuming he has another one but have not found it. Coach goes to another vet on Wednesday hopefully they can find it and pull it out if thats the case

1 Like

Vet 4 doc and entire staff is out with covid ! Friday… Grrr… My boy has been through the ringer. Othee stuff is happening and I’m being tested beyond means… Like car would not start yesterday. Battery has juice but not the starter? Dunno never had this problem before

1 Like

Starters can fail even with a charge in the battery. If you fail to hear the ‘clicking’ noise as you attempt to turnover your car, then your starter, most likely, needs to be replaced. Its not very expensive…:beers:

1 Like

Sometimes there’s enough juice for lights to come on but not enough to start. Try jumping first, could save you a lot of time and money.

2 Likes

Last 2 days haven’t been good for #CoachTheDog but the DOG DAYS of SUMMER are here.

The vets are treating him as if has “Valley Fever”

I woke up at 3am last night to go to the restroom. He was asleep but hadn’t gone pee or poo all day. I WOKE HIM UP, which he wasn’t happy about but I took him outside were it was very cool and nice and he did his business. Girlfriend wasn’t too happy with me taking him out that late (early) but I told her if I needed to do my business at that time, so did he.

It sweltered up to 109+ outside today.

This Arizona weather is something else…

2 Likes

109+ is insane. All Arizonans must be part reptile.

1 Like

Dang I was thinking he was getting better. Hope he improves!

2 Likes

He has his good days, he has his bad days. I’ve noticed he likes to sleep in front of the fan but the cold is affecting his neck in the am. I have to figure how to keep him cool without him sleeping in front of the fan.

Have you tried a dog cooling mat? We had one for Wrigley and he loved it…you can notice a difference. Some more effective ones are powered by power cord or batteries.

1 Like

I did buy him per your suggestion and he seems to growl at me everytime I try to take it from him.
He also bites it and carries it with him to other rooms from time to time.

1 Like

LOL…well sounds like it works!! :+1: :rofl:

I made Coach a deal. I told him if he did well for 5 days I would take him to the DOG park. While he does seem trained and behaved I haven’t tested him without a leash and sometimes he goes in attack mode when taking him for a walk.

So he did well, and last night about 11pm I took him to the dog park and there is a hidden back dog park behind the larger one, you can view it here.

. Well he started eating the grass which is good for him and his digestion. We played tag for about 10 minutes. I didn’t want to overdo it. After Tag I said to myself… He is BACK.!!

Sure enough this morning I awoke to him licking my face at 5am.

On another note… the other night at 429 I woke up to him pushing back and shielding me from something. He was growling at the couch/wall. I asked him what was wrong but he would not let me get around him as he was pushing me back with his body as he growled. I finally got around him, checked the apartment, went out front door and checked, nothing but he was pushing me away from the other couch. Could have he seen a GHOST or something? I do not know… but he was growling at something I could not see…

4 Likes

Mouse under the couch. Or mice in the walls. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

ghost mouse?

Ghost Mouse…the next Miles??

2 Likes

Paranormal peeps do say that animals (specially dogs and cats) are more sensitive to ghosts and spirits allegedly, so it could’ve been. Along with babies and kids.

3 Likes

Yup. My oldest when he was little had a ghost friend named “Dude” who was black and his school burned down. I sould always see my son playing with his friend. So had a serious conversation with “Dude” and 2 weeks later he left.

2 Likes

I wanted to take a quick minute to Thank everyone who helped out in some shape or form. Whether it was a prayer or good vibe, a donation, or even buying something from me on eBay. It was much appreciated.

My days of aggressive comic book collecting are pretty much over. I am not saying I won’t be collecting but my FOMO has pretty much gone away. I’ll be hanging around, I’ll occasionally pop up and chime in one something. I’m just reassessing my personal priorities.

A lot of things happened to me these last 2 months. These past 2 months have challenged me in ways I could never have imagined. I lost some good friends to death. My dog got sick. My car broke down. I treated a friend to lunch the other day because I wanted to do something nice just because for someone else. Maybe doing so would make me realize how many blessings I really got. They started telling me their problems. I realized I am so focused on me that I make my problems bigger than they really are by focusing on the bad instead of the lessons I’ve learned during these trials. While I see myself as succeeding everyday just by surviving, I hope that when I get some real long term wins, that I continue to remain humble and continue to show real humility.
Thank You for listening. Some things are really HARD for me to say out loud.

14 Likes

It happens to us all. Stay strong, and I hope both you and your dog are enjoying your time together. :paw_prints:

4 Likes

I’m still going after SW HR #7 AFV like crazy. Anything under $11 that includes shipping and it’s mine.