Prayers for my boy

It’s been such a roller coaster.

Somedays it’s up… and I’m like HE’S BACK…
and some days I worry… wondering what is bothering him…

The Arizona Heat doesn’t help that he is always sleeping…

The Pets of CHU ← Revive that one for general “Pets of CHU” while we’ll leave this one dedicated to Coach updates and getting better!

2 Likes

Friday… He was good. I left him alone for 3 hours as I went to a funeral… I had not taken him to the dog park in weeks so I took him and it seemed as his depression went away… he woke me up Saturday Morning licking my face…

then Saturday not so much… lazy all day, not wanting to eat… :frowning: I thought he was constipated cause he wouldn’t poo. We chased from some lovebirds at another park … that was fun but no poo…

Today… He is just lethargic, barking at people he knows but being friendly with strangers. I took him to petsmart and he was having fun… after that… nope. He ran a bit this morning at the park but slept from 11am and on… I thought he was constipated yesterday, but today at the park he had a normal bowel movement.

Prior to him getting sick he was on antibiotic and we were feeding it to him with Peanut Butter. It was JIF but not the recalled Salmonella Lot… Yes, Dogs still can get Salmonella.

This morning I was at the park and a sticker thorn dug in to my shoe… I remember when I was a little kid that I once time got a fever for over a week after those same sticker thorns dug in to my foot, and I do recall Coach not wanting me to touch one of his paws or crying when I did… so maybe that could have happened.

On another note something Trippy happened. So I took him to the dog park (there are several within a 2 mile radius) and he was sniffing the ground so I went to see what he was sniffing at. It was a Gas Buddy card, and but then I noticed the name and it is the name of the friend of my GF who also comes to see COACH often… I picked it up and we texted her that Coach had found her Gas Buddy card at the park. We just thought it was so odd that we’d find her card there when she doesn’t even own a dog.
We don’t know.

I’m at odds end, but whatever I love my boy very much.

1 Like

Glad to hear he is having some good days. Maybe he just needs to rest to recover fully. Wishing Coach and you all the best. Please keep us updated.

1 Like

Coach hasn’t been doing good. He won’t let me check one of hind paws and growls at me every time I get near it with my hand. 2 nights ago though he woke me up at 3am to go out and poo, my Gf was pissed at me for taking him out at that time but I don’t care, any signs of his old personality coming back is a WIN for me. Still not eating like he once was.

Another Vet is stepping in this upcoming week., as I have a benefactor who is paying for his x-rays.

What I failed to mention to a lot of people, and I do thank everyone who helped me out. When Coach 1st got sick, I had 2 pet insurances but they pulled a bait n switch on me with the policies. I was crushed and cried when I learned that’s what had happened. I sunk into a depression this week, because my routine has been thrown off. Maybe part of it was with what happened in Texas as well.

I have a story but it sounds too much of a pat on my own back, even though it isn’t. It’s about Karma. You really never know when good deeds you have done in the past will come back and repay you in some form or another. Years ago, there was someone from my past that I got out of a bad spot as I helped them escape a domestic violence situation. They came out of no where to assist me. I had not spoken to that individual in last 8 months so it wasn’t expected.

Coach is my dog, but some many people have been stepping in, that it’s not just my dog but I feel as a sense of community in caring for him. Coach seems to be the topic of gossip because they all see how much this is currently affecting me at my work break room, even when I’m not there, people ask others if they know how Coach is doing… Thank you everyone who has been supportive.

I keep asking for a Miracle, and yet miracles are happening everyday.

Thank you all again.

5 Likes

I also what to Thank Everyone who has contributed to “The Pets of Chu” as you all sharing your joys has helped me through all this.

1 Like

I’ve sadly heard horror stories about pet insurance and just never opt into them. Just always seems like they’re willing to take your money but never actually dish out any when the time occurs when things go bad.

2 Likes

Update!

Just pulled this out of Coach’s neck within the last hour. Big positive energy shift afterwards as he seemed more playful all of a sudden. Neighbor gave him a reiki treatment as well. He is feeling better now and tugging his leash.

Major improvement but still too early to tell. Personality seems to be returning…

8 Likes

what the heck is that?

2 Likes

I was just going to type the exact same response… wth is that?

1 Like

Hair? Like coarse hair? Don’t think it’s a quill.

Cactus thorn

I’m in AZ

They are all around…

2 Likes

is he still on the upswing?

He woke me up licking my face (He wants me to take him out to pee) which is good.
Had The Runs when he poo’d
Came home and slept all day. Cried as I left to work. Didn’t eat all day then
Around 5pm he woke up and ate.
GF brushed his him for a good bit and washed face, cleaned his eye boogies out.
When I got to my GF’s house he got up ate a little not much. I’m at my parents picking up clothes for work but he is on the upswing. The Swelling on his neck has gone down. Still going to check him for more cactus thorns…

12 Likes

Glad to hear it.

1 Like

#CoachTheDog is getting stronger.

I’ll have to get a “CHU” pet bandana made so he can wear :slight_smile:

7 Likes

He is getting stronger and stronger.

He cried , whimpered as I left to work.

8 Likes

That is great news!!

I also cry and whimper when I leave for work…

4 Likes

I cry and whimper for all you people who “have to leave your houses for work” myself…

3 Likes

Yeah the pandemic was the best thing for me…I stay at home most days :slight_smile:

I’m also glad Coach is doing better!!!

2 Likes