Pruning the PC (and maximizing space)

I prefer doing dishes to laundry as well. I do dishes as my wife hates them and she does laundry as I hate it.

1 Like

Believe it or not it’s not in flood plane and is bone dry but yes plan to get them on shelves.

1 Like

Finally got some shelving in the basement, so things are feeling more organized. Had to get the new flooring in first, so it took a while.

Love the adhesive business card holders, as I can easily relabel a box if need be.

8 Likes

I have those same shelves, or something very very similar.
Those labels are well done too. Much better than my labeling system. :+1:

How do you find anything?

Dishes are tough because there is apparently a “proper” way to fold things according to my wife. If you fold dishes the wrong way, they just break.

2 Likes

Thanks for this write up and link. I’m now at 110 short boxes and over 10k comics. I don’t have a basement so all of it is spread between mine and my wife’s home offices, and while I am organized, I still feel like it is hitting hoarding levels. I’ve got all my Marvel and DC in eGerber Mylar and boards and have input my Marvel (35 boxes) into the Comicbase program (thankfully they have a bar code scanner). I need to enter DC and Indie, but I think I should weed out dead spec first.

I was thinking about eBay as a way to do that, but the tax write-off idea is intriguing and probably more of a time saver.

I hope others will continue to put their methods in the thread as I am finding the information very valuable.

1 Like

Just sell your stuff here in bulk. I know there is couple of us who have gaps in our collection. Save yourself the eBay fees.

2 Likes

Yup, post in the For Sale & Trading category, it’s moderated but either myself or another admin/moderator will approve.

If you do sell elsewhere, like eBay or whatever, you can still create a post and list the links to your auctions, etc for more and better exposure.

2 Likes

I acquired a nice bundle of silver age books the other day from a lady who wanted to sell some old comics. When her husband was in college and had a roommate the roommate moved out and left the box behind. They just kept moving it with them over the years and she was happy to sell it. I sorted through it quickly and found some gems. Offered her a fair price where I can still make a small profit selling the good stuff. Some is lower-grade, some is mid-grade. Notable items include a Tombo of Dracula 10 (a chum already is buying that from me), the Wonder Woman issues with the first Nubia, the Conan comics with the first Red Sonja appearances, some early Adam Warlock, and the first seven issues of, “Defenders.” Oh, and early Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze).

3 Likes

I hadn’t really considered that - I don’t know why. But it makes total sense. Will definitely think of that option. Thanks!

1 Like

That’s awesome! I have to get those Conan books at some point.

No problem. It’s a problem that ebbs and flows. We’re all only human after all. It’s in our nature to accumulate. Searching for that elusive contentment and security.

1 Like

I buy and sell a lot,and have lots on my pull-list, but I’m quite strict on avoiding having my collections grow too big - I currently have around 350 comics (raw and slabbed) all told - this time last year I had around 500. Part of my enjoyment comes from selling say 4 or 5 small-key books and buying 1 key book. Rinse & repeat. I find letting go of books can b quite cathartic, even if some of them do later rise in value.

2 Likes