Pumped Off Wolverine #6

Mr influencer, why dont you get on that ;-). Anthony and yourself write most of the articles here. Promote some good reads.

Man itā€™s hardā€¦ yaā€™ll do know we have full time jobs and families, and some days Iā€™m teacher as wellā€¦

I have been enjoying DrunkWookyā€™s reviews heā€™s been doing though.

I havenā€™t done full reviews but when I do the sneak peek previews, those are books Iā€™ve read and I normally only do them if I think theyā€™re great reads.

Look at It Eats What Feeds Itā€¦ thatā€™s a great read and saw some love due to story I thinkā€¦ I did a sneak peek of it and told everyone to pick up based on the read, not because it will heat up. :wink:

So if someone asks you about a good readā€¦you give them good read? Ha. I kid.

But that illustrates my point. That amazing read was cover price. No value. Until Cates created Knull (a first appearance) in a different series and then those books had value. The only thing driving the value was the first app. So I get why publishers caters to that.

I understand 1000% and think you guys do an amazing job.

Yeah but monetary value. That series even despite it being cheap on the secondary market I threw my issues in mylar with full backer boards, to tuck away forever, to never sellā€¦ value goes beyond monetary value in my opinion.

I actually read it originally on the Marvel Unlimited app. After reading it, it made me head to the comic shop so I could own the physical copies. :slight_smile:

I would love that too. Thereā€™s a lot of things Iā€™d love to be the case, but I just donā€™t see them happening.

HATE the reboots as well. Agree completely and itā€™s just to sell #1s and 25 different covers. Not to mention it makes it harder for newer collectors to figure things out with 9 volumes of each character.

1 Like

And to add to the confusion for some, the legacy number is on the issue as wellā€¦ and then they switch back to the Legacy, then reboot to get another #1ā€¦

I get it, I know volumes helps them categorize writers and such but ughhā€¦ itā€™s just getting out of hand nowā€¦

But that goes hand in hand. Monetary value drives demand. Demand drives sales. Itā€™s a vicious cycle but itā€™s the case.

Iā€™d imagine many people like yourself read that series after the fact as demand just wasnā€™t there despite it being a good read.

It wasnā€™t just a good read, it was the bestā€¦ greatest read. :wink:

I actually like the way Marvel handles it with the volumes and legacy numbers - if done properly it gives people a good idea to know where to jump into a storyline. I know thereā€™s a lot of marketing done around ā€œnew #1 issue!!!ā€ but outside of that Iā€™m okay with the numbers starting over every now and then, especially if the overall number is noted.

When they go 30+ issuesā€¦ thatā€™s acceptable. The flip flop back and or calling the main title for a mini-series is where it should stop I think. If youā€™re gonna do a Black Widow mini-series, give it a subtitle for the title so weā€™re not on Black Widow Volume 15 and each volume was like 4-5 issues long each for the past 10 volumesā€¦ Thatā€™s all I ask.

1 Like

Sounds reasonable to me.

Trying to dig through back issues to find a book when there are 12 volumes, mixed up, is a mess. Gotta just look for the art.

They also like to switch back to Legacy numbering for milestone numbers, stick with it for 20 issues, then back to a 1. Itā€™s a mess trying to find those 600 issues when the original volume ended at 400. Stores put them all over.

1 Like

Best wolverine stories have always been dropping him into dangerous situations with not much dialogue and a lot of action.

My Wolverine written series would make him into a boogie man. Something dictators and war lords feared. A clawed unstoppable killing machine. Jason with side burns that stalks bad men.

Issue one drop him in the desert to take on Al Queda type warlords. The message has already gotten out that the Wolverine has taken out others. Warlord is trying to look tough while shitting his pants. Bodies are starting to pile up and weapons are found destroyed. Warlord surrounds himself at night with his toughest men. Power goes out. There is a smell of cigar smoke and just a red glow. Snikt sound. Screams. Gun shots. Lights come back on. Wolverine is standing over the bed. Warlord frying and begging in a foreign language. Double fists of claws coming straight down. The end of issue one.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s good. And I beleive the new bloody wolverine series is going to be that violent. But Iā€™m liking this series so far enjoying the Omega red Dracula story.

Iā€™ve actually enjoyed this book and think Pale Girl is pretty interesting. Odd thereā€™s been relatively no talk about her and then this pumping of #6.

Yeah same here. I re read the series again to see if I missed anything and pale girl is dope the Omega Red and Dracula set up is dope. Iā€™m really digging the series so far.

Iā€™ve really been digging the current Wolverine series so Iā€™m picking this up regardless of any spec.

There is a new Wolverine book coming out called ā€œWolverine Black, White, & Blood.ā€ It has a sick as Adam Kubert cover. That alone has my attention.

1 Like

Yes this the series I was thinkin of for the supposed morr violent and Wolverine letting loose