Quick Spec: Elseworld’s Finest: Supergirl & Batgirl Spoiler WW84 Beware

Part of the problem is who they have running things. They don’t want to do long form story telling. They think one and done is ok.

I could of made this movie work. Instead of a wishing stone we would of used a gorilla paw of Solovar. Since this is the monkey paw story I would use Solovar as it’s a good setup for Grodd in Flash movies. Solovar is the king of the apes Grodd battles for control of the intelligent Gorillas. We want to set up Grodd because collectively through these DC movies we want to get to the Legion of Doom. The use of a Gorilla Paw also makes more sense as a Cheetah origin since she will be in the Legion of Doom. Nix the whole wanting to be like Diana story line and make it a jealousy story line and she wishes to be cheetah not have two wishes for some stupid reason. Max Lord would instead of a son have a daughter “Liar Liar” so us comic book nerds could go ape shit and push her books. Max Lord would of used the gorilla paw for power and wealth but Liar Liar would steal it and be the one to turn herself into the wishing device and the main villain after witnessing Barbra make the wish to become Cheetah. The granting wishes for a pound of flesh makes a good power for someone named Liar Liar. Cheetah would team up with Liar Liar and battle Diana and Max Lord. No Steve Trevor, no rape lol, no lasso cgi was horrible, no flying can’t give her new powers that she doesn’t use in movies later in the timeline. Cheetah survives, Liar Liar turns to dust after being wished away by her father. End credits scene Cheetah breaks Black Manta out of Arkham with the help of Grodd.

3 Likes

I can write a better movie than Patty Jenkins in 5 minutes

1 Like

The best part is it would tie the other movies together with Deathstroke breaking Lex out in Justice League and Joker breaking Harley out in suicide squad we would be a Flash movie away from the Legion of Doom.

1 Like

You also claimed you could draw better than Momoko but you got the kid to draw something instead… mmmm… hmmm… :wink:

I think most everyone can draw better than Momoko, even though I make plenty off her covers. She wouldnt even be in my top 50 comic artists.

3 Likes

That’s not what you said though, you said you could draw better than she. One must ask themselves, there’s a reason she’s on so many comic book covers and I have yet to see your fine art on a cover… :wink:

Send me a blank cover Poyo I’ll make it nice I might even send it back.

Pffttt… please submit proof of concept first… we live in digital world now!

DC/Warner desperately needs their own Kevin Feige for both planning and quality control/tone police, and Geoff Johns ain’t doing it.

1 Like

You could say that about a lot of of what Johns is doing. This is coming from someone who kinda likes his stuff.

Anyone else get the feeling they’re just trying to sabotage themselves? Just seems like DC doesn’t even try most days…

2 Likes

I can probably name off more Batman Villains than actual DC superheroes… that’s one of their problems I think, they don’t have a good deep bench of characters… they got their All Star starting 5 showing up at the game while Marvel has 10 all-stars sitting on their bench waiting to come into the game… (I love me some NBA metaphors)… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m by no means a comic book brand loyalist, but I have gravitated towards DC historically… that being said Marvel and Disney are the ones who seem to get it and put in an effort. They will get my money in the end because they put out better content, arguably better books, and seem to CARE what the fans think / want.

This year has been horrible for DC comics we started off good enough with Punchline and Jinny Hex. But with drawn out Joker War and Death Metal stories for the last 6 months I don’t think anyone knows what’s going on when they read these books. I’ve read more books from Death Metal than any other comic series and I’m still lost. Started strong with Robin King and the Designer but they really bungled those characters first appearances and set themselves up to fail with such long crossovers.

1 Like

I blame Tynion… and Snyder isn’t as good as he use to be… since those two are like 95% of their writers over at DC… yeah, it’s all their fault.

1 Like

Agreed, gave up on death metal at issue 4, too ■■■■■■■ many tie-ins and not even tie-ins, the one shots, Jesus dude. I wanted to like death metal, I did, but way too much going on, literally 80% of the story is not even in the main event books!! Like wth dude. Atleast x of swords had the balls to put x of 23 on each cover so you knew where you were, death metal who knows just know it’s a death metal tie in.

1 Like

I agree with everyone’s sentiments regarding dc. I just wanted to add that I really enjoyed Titans, Doom Patrol, and Swamp thing. Maybe series on HBO would be their best direction for their IP’s. Sucks for everyone that they made the most expensive and elaborate set ever in television for Swamp Thing, put together a good show and then immediately cancelled it before most people had even seen it. I don’t know who’s in charge on that front. Seems to be some major mis-communication.

I actually liked Joker War, and I’m cautiously optimistic about the new status quo shift in Gotham… agree about Death Metal. They swung and missed with the execution of it. The recent Superboy Prime stuff has been cool though.

Agreed, I feel the same but by that time I was already too deep into the event to turn back. SUPER (no pun intended) annoying about all the one shots. Especially when, like you said, most of the story takes place in the one shot books.

1 Like