Quick Specs: Willow

Reports from Ron Howard say that Willow sequel series is in full production and coming to Netflix as a tv show soon. The characters first appear here below in a rare Marvel Graphic Novel from January 1st 1988 with this beautiful cover. (Removed the trade dress)

The book runs about $50 at used book stores just off of nostalgia so media news could make this sought after a bit more. There is also a Marvel comic for Willow in comic size form from August 1988 the series was 3 issues. You can pick up the #1 for cheap on eBay and Amazon.

1 Like

I’m only gonna watch if they bring back Val Kilmer…

3 Likes

The arcade game from Capcom (I believe) was very good! They never did make a home version of it.

The Nes Willow game was different than the arcade but great also, open world rpg like Zelda with bunch of different swords and items.

1 Like
1 Like

Yes, I did enjoy the NES version a lot, but when I first got the Genesis way back in September of 89 I figured a port would have been made…Genesis would have done a great job! Their Strider was sooo good! Can’t believe I am still bitter over that! LOL!

Maybe you would be a buyer of this signed copy inscribed: signed by the greatest swordsman who ever lived Val Kilmer for $5000 lol

1 Like

https://www.playretrogames.com/search.php?q=Willow

You can now play all the games from your childhood in your browser nowadays… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 Likes

As a huge fan of the first…I have to say this looks pretty damn good.

3 Likes

I’m going to have to re-watch the first…been about 30 years.

I still have some toys from cereal boxes though…in the original packaging.

3 Likes

Don’t eat that cereal, it ain’t fresh anymore.

1 Like