Razorblades -Tynion

Sold out in an hour. Now he says there will be a reprint of the book with a different cover.
Tynion’s email dropped and his self-published book Razerblades: The Horror Magazine is up on his website. Limited to 500 copies for $20, but you can download the book for free if you buy the Digital version for $0. He said that he won’t be reprinting this book. So, this is for the other fans of Tynion :slight_smile:

Looks like it’s his first self-published book:
“As of today, I add another descriptor to my name. I am no longer just James Tynion IV, comic book writer. I am James Tynion IV, comic book publisher!!”

Print Run info from email:
THE PRINT EDITION – We’re making 500 copies of an EXTREMELY LIMITED Print Run of Razorblades: The Horror Magazine available to purchase direct through the Tiny Onion Studios webstore. Due to the size of the book, and the low print run, these are going to run you $20/pop. The current plan is that when these sell out, we will not reprint the book. We expect these are going to disappear fast, so if you want your hands on a physical copy, get one today.”

Thanks for sharing. I do mostly like Tynion’s work so I bought a copy!

1 Like

I got the email ~45 minutes ago and it’s halfway sold out. Might sellout in another hour.

I got mine after I saw the bleeding cool write up about this book, which was not that long ago. At the time of my order there was only a handful gone and as of now there is a little over 200 left. Going quick!

Ha, it was posted on key collector when it was at 200 copies and now it’s sold out.

I tried to get it but saw the Ky Collector alert and it did sell out. Bummer, I love horror mags

I simply bought it because it sounded interesting. Then 20 minutes later these websites and apps all went crazy over it. Wild. Thanks to @mushu for posting so I could even get a copy.

1 Like

Just get the free digital one and print it up! :wink:

So much for not reprinting the book.

Womp, Womp, Womp…

Haha… he just can’t… resist… making… more…

:money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag: :money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings::moneybag:

2 Likes

LOL :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
Good for him though; I enjoy his writing. I might buy a 2nd print if it’s not $20.

It is kind of crappy if he said he wasn’t gonna make a second printing and now caved… gotta stick to your guns man…

2 Likes

at least it s a different cover, but yea scummy as shit to switch it up 1 min after sell out, btw ebay auction is at 140 for book

10 day auction and it’s $140. I didn’t see that coming.

Sheesh, that high? Maybe I should sell mine even tho I just bought it cuz the contents sounded good. I like a good story, but I also like a good payday…

It’s free for the digital version.

So read the digital and sell the physical and if I really want a copy to hold print-out the digital pages and staple them together into my own little magazine? Interesting idea.

1 Like

I say good for him on making another printing. I think the first printing will still hold a premium for collectors, but no reason that the creator of the work shouldn’t get paid when his work is in demand. I feel like getting upset that there will be more printings is like a scalper getting upset that a band announced a second night’s performance after the first sold out. Sucks to be the scalper but I’d rather the money go to the band anyway.

Yes or wait about 3 months and you’ll probably find them for $20-$40 again if you really want the physical book. This was all FOMO and people knowing they can gobble them up, flip…

1 Like