Razorblades -Tynion

Oh I agree, I like supporting creators directly as well. My only beef is, if you state only one printing, stick to your words… That’s all I ask. If you’re on the fence about it, don’t even mention it in the first place. It’s just kind of a slap in the face for those who thought they were going to get something “truly special” with only a single printing…

1 Like

I hear that for sure. The one thing I think he can hang is hat on is that he said “the current plan” is to have only one printing. It just means that plans changed. :blush:

Yeah, he knew what he was doing from the sounds of it. Say only one printing… in his mind, sells out quickly, do additional… if no one was interested, stick to the single one… He’s playing the speculators market game due to his current popularity with Batman and his BOOM titles… and everyone who bought either caught FOMO or the flippers were like… heck yea, easy money to flip to the FOMO’ers… :wink:

2 Likes

Saw the email too late and missed out. Sold out fast.

Unless said creator explicitly said that he wouldn’t do more printings. If he lied about how many printings he was doing, is he also lying about the print run in order to create false demand for his book?

My thoughts on this are as such:

If you never say you’re just doing one printing, it is perfectly fine to do more.

If you outright say, “I promise this is only one printing, and it is going to be rare, so get it now!” then I think it is disingenuous to do any more printings BESIDES it of course being fine to have it in a big collection of multiple issues or something.

Yes, the first print is still special and unique and the FIRST, I’m not arguing that at all. I simply think it is a bit tacky.

It’s like if I announced I was having a one day sale of my famous pancakes and posted a bunch, “Come Saturday, this is it, you need to be here or you miss out!” Then I have an absurdly successful Saturday with long lines and eager customers buying my pancakes because people showed-up knowing it was a limited event…and I go and say, “Due to so much demand I’ll be selling pancakes tomorrow too!” Yes, people who missed out on Saturday will be happy, but others will think I’m kind of doing a jerk move selling on Sunday too.

Note: I actually suck at making pancakes. My wife makes good ones tho.

I will take some pancakes. I do love a good pancake. Now I am hungry.

I make awesome pancakes.

Razorblades #2 tomorrow.

pretty sure print run is gonna be bigger than issue 1, so might not be as good spec/flip wise

Tynion said there would be a “limited” option at first, so it might be worth checking out.

I bought the One Year Subscription with Foil for ~$120. Expensive, but I haven’t been buying as many comics.

There is an expensive $40 exclusive with 500 print run which I’m going to pass on.

OH great, store variants are jumping into the magazine market now…,…smh

store variant claims to be a 1st print but thats a lie. store variant trash

2 Likes

Signed up for the premium foil subscription.

Meh. Got the regular issue 2. Gonna print out the PDF of the first issue and make my own exclusive copy of the book. Lol.

I love a good gimmick cover so I went for the premium foil subscription and got a regular print issue of #2 to enjoy as well.

you get a copy of #2 in the foil pack already

Subscription covers are different than regular covers, it specifies.

2 Likes