Razorblades -Tynion

From the newsletter (not related to Razorblades):
“I feel like I’ve been on the phone nonstop with Hollywood for about three weeks now, and that’s almost certainly because that is literally true! I don’t know how close we are to there being anything I can talk about publicly, but things are moving very quickly and very excitingly on three unannounced media adaptations, all with some very exciting players.”

2 Likes

Yeah. I really do not like the store exclusive. Remember Tynion said this was going to be a limited thing for fans.

1 Like

siktc, dot, the woods.

The Woods was already announced

few years back, but option has expired so its on the auction block again. choices are limited it wont be anything from DC and he doesnt have alot of indy projects

1 Like

I did too and it’s sold out now

So they sold 250 premium subs with foil in under 40 minutes

Sikt and the Woods would give me a good chance to clear out back issues.

I haven’t finished getting all the past issues of SIKTC I need yet. Don’t start making even more people buy it for spec!

Wait, wasn’t this the one they said no additional printings as well?

Tynion is taking all ya’lls money and laughing all the way to the bank with his FOMO tactics… :wink:

But like always, buy low, sell high… that’s the name of the game if you’re flipping shit! :slight_smile:

Hey all! Thanks for the dialogue on Razorblades. Wanted to just help clear some things up that are rumors in the thread.
The Mahnke cover we are selling is a first print indeed. I am the distributor of the books for James and this was all planned out from the beginning. We wanted something to coincide with the release of issue #2, and allow people to get a different cover (akin to a cover B).
Just wanted to share that, and thanks for making this a talked about topic!
Hope all are well and safe!

Is it just impossible to sell this for $20 like the other cover for #1 as well then?

1 Like

i like the cover, just $40 for indy variant kills it for me.

Great question. Yeah, I wanted to do it for less. Here is what it comes down to, I have to pay the artist for the cover work, the colorist and the rights to make the book. Then add in that it is a Prestige Format book (not cheap to produce on any level and usually only specific printers can handle it).
So it’s not like a $2.50 Marvel book that people sell for $40, the costs are much much higher.

I know, and I apologize for that. I knew going into it that it would be expensive. For those that don’t know, while it is touted as a magazine, it is actually a 72 page Prestige Format book (Think 3 Jokers or Killing Joke for size). It is comic size, not magazine size.

1 Like

Another store variant for #1 & 2…sigh

https://forbiddenplanet.com/catalog/?tag=publisher:tiny-onion&page=1

That Bartel cover is incredibly awesome. I saw the image earlier but was unsure what it would be used for. Now I know, thank you!

no print run listed

Independent magazine, they’re just gonna keep printing and printing… and printing…

2 Likes

So, I am good friends with my LCS owner. He orders all store variants through me, I do at cost with no mark up as he hooks me up with comics. He wanted to order a set of these from Forbidden Planet so he gave me some cash. I had them in my cart, a set for me as well, and right before I clicked purchase I said to myself, hmmm let me look them up. I had heard rumors that when it’s time to ship they send you the invoice for shipping to the US and it’s astronomical. After googling a little bit, turns out their reputation is really bad.

Their shipping to US is expensive, they don’t pack them well, comics show up damaged, and when you complain they rarely give you a refund unless you call your bank. With this in mind, I decided to not order them and just tell him well… we will just have to pick them up next time Tynion does a sale on his website.

Turns out, one of his customers moved from Britain a few years back, but his Mom still lives there. We gave him the cash and he called his mom to place an order with her local Forbidden Planet. She will pick up the books from them when they are released and he will instruct her how to repack them, securely, and ship them to the US for us. I will update this thread when they arrive with the results.

Fingers crossed, but I don’t have high hopes. FP will figure a way to screw it up somehow.

Pretty sweet opportunity!