Ready for X of Swords? Or blah?

but the 3rd, “Matrix,” was a bloated slog and dull? I see what you did there…

It had some moment tho.

Don’t give up hope–I know I haven’t. I’m still wondering if Saturnyne will resurrect any of the characters who “die” during the tournament by its end. FWIW, the two deaths thus far feel too unceremonious to be “final” in my opinion.

1 Like

I can understand that. I do feel the tournament and its “challenges” to be in-line with Saturnyne’s capricious personality. And each “duel” seems to be knocking both the character and readers off balance with their unorthodox nature. I do appreciate their tarot foreshadowing, however–gives the duels a little less ‘out of the left field’ feels. In any case, I’m very curious to see how it ends and I wonder if Destruction #1 will give us the battle royale we’ve been expecting.

3 Likes

The characters were well received, I’m sure they’ll stick around.

1 Like

These odd twists are part of the build up…trying to confuse us and to let our guard down. There will be a bloody pay off at the end…has to be…right?..please???

1 Like

I enjoyed DrunkWolvie and I’ll just be happy when he goes back to his own storyline. From what I can pick up it’s basically Contest of Champions or the original Secret Wars, but new characters that we’ve never heard of?

I want to put that much effort and thought process into reading anything I’ll go back and re-read The House of Seven Gables or something.

When a comic needs multiple pages of foot notes, it’s not for me (and I’m fine if that puts me into a box lol)

Not sure how you can salvage a prelude lasting multiple books that culminates in a couple of panels with a winner cheating at armwrestling. Seems like a pure money grab to me. The art and design in the main XoS books is beautiful but is totally wasted on the storyline which seems like a 6 year old mashed it together with filler money grab tie-ins.

1 Like