Retailer incentives heating up

I wasn’t sure if it was a 17% cut or estimated only 17% total available…

the article made it sound like they cut 17%, if only 17% were printed midtown would already be sold out

Smasher is a hero fighting along side Miles.

Book isnt out yet. A few live copies. Short “supply” because not many listed…yet.

I do not count preorder, stock photo, sales as “comics heating up”.

And there are copies available for less.

Here’s the thing, this variant was available for less before FOC. The book was HYPED. Why are people buying it now ???

2 Likes

Online stores still have this book available for $80…

2 Likes

There are some copies this week of the 1:50 that sold for good money on eBay. The price may or may not hold. I was surprised by this. I do not own any copies and I am not planning on buying them.

1 Like

You can still find the Miles Morales #38 ratio at Midtown for only $67.50

2 Likes

Midtown finally sold out of miles 38 skan

Same reason High Republic #1 caught people off guard. They think because it had so much advance notice they don’t have to order pre FOC because everyone else was tipped off…but it has the opposite effect in that everyone else thought the same thing…and didn’t order it.

Now all those folk are getting on the FOMO bus.

2 Likes

“Didnt have to order pre FOC” ?

Thats just foolish and stupid. Prices are cheaper before FOC…

1 Like

Hey, I put my order in a month before FOC. Not saying they aren’t foolish…probably the same people who threw $100s at Harrow spec.

1 Like

People are stupid and there is no short supply of stupid people. A good amount of the success people find in flipping comics is due to the stupidity in the market.

6 Likes

:100: :100: :100:
This exactly.
Without stupid; very few of us are on here making money.
We need stupid to thrive.

4 Likes

Unless you are cool with a retailer, most were charging at least $80 for it on pre-order. In fact, most places that sell anything on pre-order want double ratio.

1 Like

My copy is through TFAW at $35…but you know how that goes. 50-50 chance they come through. And even if they do another 50-50 chance it’s less than near mint with MarveL paper quality.

Marvel called, they told me to tell you to stop worrying (and complaining) about the paper quality for the reading material you’re suppose to throw around, roll up and put in back pocket when done! :wink:

2 Likes

I’d agree with you if we were talking open order…but not 1:50 Incentives. The whole point of the incentive program is to appeal to collectors. Not readers.

1 Like

That’s absurd. I always read all 50 copies of my comic, repeatedly. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Pffttt… the real intention is to get you consumers and retailers to buy more copies than you actually need in order to get something that is perceived as “rare” and “more desirable”… it’s just a scheme for them to boost their revenue and publishing numbers for marketing purposes! :wink:

1 Like

Hmm…just got me thinking on that David…when a person gets a variant set, or multiples in general, do you actually look through each book? Maybe looking for flaws, double covers? It just dawned on me that I just package them up without so much as a cursory look on the outside for condition that way.