Retailer incentives heating up

At opening my LCS had 1 copy of miles 38, it was the A cover and damaged. 🤷

Had a stack of Avengers Forever 6 though.

If anyone missed out on the Miles 33 1:25 Manhanini incentive and wanted one, DCBS has them up for $32. They’ve also got the #23 Finch 1:50 with the purple spider logo for $60. Not as good of a deal, but an awesome cover.

Miles Morales 1:25 Manhanini Incentive Variant

DCBS which is also Lunar, the distributor of DC Comics… selling at inflated retail prices. Just doesn’t seem moral to me. SMH!

2 Likes

2 Likes

There’s a Dark Crisis freebie coming to stores this week. It is a one-per-store comic, I think. It reprints the first issue with a red cover and the event’s full title that has been revealed, “Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths.” Keep your eyes peeled. I posted about it here because it maybe is linked to retailer incentive orders? No clue.

3 Likes

Yup, I had/have that one as a candidate for cover of the year in my last weeks picks!

1 Like

if that artist can put out another quality cover like that i think he may blow up like momoko did

His artwork is top notch I think…

https://www.sebmckinnon.com/illustration

2 Likes

I’m also really digging Poison Ivy #4 (of 6) (Cover E - 1:25 Matias Bergara Card Stock Variant) as well for Poison Ivy variants…

Poison Ivy #4 (of 6) (Cover E - 1:25 Matias Bergara Card Stock Variant)

6 Likes

This sucks

6 Likes

Created by movie guys, so will likely be in the next spider verse movies

I 100% see it being a comic relief character or brief joke scene as Miles goes through the multiverse.

1 Like

A raunchy Jiminy Cricket. I like it…

1 Like

Dark Ride #2 1:25

2 Likes

Okay, that’s clever.

How exactly does one fund a toy company with losses from producing comics? (I know this is a very late reply. Im just curious what you meant by that, David :beers:)

The comics introduce the IP you then make a ton of toys from. Whatever new characters you make.

1 Like

OR MAYBE he can profit at $2.99?!

Possibly? As someone who wishes all comics were still $2.99 or less I’d be happy if that turned a good profit in this day and age for retailers.