Rick and Morty

I think you’re understating how much Justin was to Rick and Morty though. He did the majority of voices, including the main ones, and is the co-creator. This isn’t just a coffee boy or someone who voices one small character.

I’m not understating, I’m just clarifying why I think the studio released him. They feel they can move on without him, so be it and good luck. If you have rules, policies and standards, you live up to them or don’t have them at all.

I learned long ago, you are replaceable at every job regardless how special you may be to them.

That’s my big concern. I’m not nearly in the know enough to question if Adult Swim did the right thing. I’m far more interested in whether or not this kills the show. The writing is done by committee, and the characters are established enough to carry on. But, Roiland WAS the voice and personality of the show. I have no idea how you carry that on without him.

Never know, sometimes there’s surprises to be made. Most thought Rick carried the Walking Dead show and look how long it lasted without him… the story was about him actually.

I posted about this when the news first broke in the odds and ends and was debating making it a big post so thanks to @Joe for doing so.

I have a mix of opinions and such about the whole thing and guilty versus innocent versus losing employment due to allegations versus etc. I don’t really know how to express them but do have two clear thoughts:

1. I don’t know how the show will continue, but it might be? I honestly wonder if it’ll be heavily retooled or end up canceled.

2. People should sell their Rick and Morty comics really quickly, is my thought.

I was going to say, “What about marriage,” but over 50% of those end in divorce and new marriages, so yeah, you win.

One has to also ponder, how many watchers of the show actually know who Justin is? I’m sure it’s a significant amount. Some people care while others don’t so much when it comes to these types of shows.

The amount of Marvel movie lovers don’t know shit about the characters or who created them, yet they keep on watching the movies and buying the merchandise.

Mine just ended… but there will be no new marriage for me. I don’t see the point really now for myself. I can commit to someone without the governments certificate and signing off on it all.

True. He was also the head of Squanch Games and had that recent hit, “High on Life.” It featured a ton of his voicework and he’s left the company now too. There are plans for more games and such though.

Yup, life goes on. No one is special. Don’t let your mom lie to you saying otherwise… :wink:

My sympathies for your situation. I wasn’t trying to make a joke at your expense as I had no clue, I was just cracking dumb jokes. I hope everything went okay though.

Don’t be, been the happiest now in my life! Divorce doesn’t have to be sad or negative, it’s a renewal and can be a good thing if done the right way.

Billy West is probably spending today practicing the voices hoping to get the call…

I actually think the opposite on this one. Rick and Morty is massively popular, and I don’t think that will fade with this news. Now, if they keep making the show, but it tanks hard, that will impact comics. But, I bet this news just drives awareness that the comics have held value pretty well, and might actually increase interest. And with vol. 2 dropping today, that will help. I checked my LCS today for what they had, and the back issues they had were priced relatively high, and they are normally spot on for values. I think the early issues are still a good buy, IMO. For transparency, I don’t own a single vol. 1 issue, but I’ve been hunting a little bit for them lately.

If anyone wants to dump theirs because of this news, let me know!

My early point was that they could have suspended him or placed things on hold until the investigation is done. Then again they could very well know more than we do. Sucks for fans of the show.

2 Likes

There is a video on YouTube where Justin Roiland critiques people who made videos of themselves doing impressions of Rick and Morty. Some were really close and even he admitted some were really good and one or two were spot on. Other people can do the impressions and they have a team of writers who work on the show now. So I think they can get by. I just wonder if it’s similar to South Park-where Trey Parker and Matt Stone have final say in scripts.

Hopefully the show can keep going. It’s one of my favorites.

This.

I always look at 2 and a half Men. They dumped Charlie Sheen, whose character the show was written for, and brought in Ashton Kutcher, a totally different type of character, and was still very popular. Maybe not as edgy, but they adjusted and did just fine.

1 Like

Kardashian farts are the worst.