Robin (2021) Speculation

Influencers are just going to push Tec now because there will be less copies out there. A face on a screen in the background with no other context at all doesn’t count whatsoever, imo. Same with arms and hands and feet. This is coming from a guy who has multiple Tec and Robin 1 on pull.

I am bad at this flip game because I refuse to buy those and sell them to people. I don’t care if they want to pay big bucks for it I just refuse to get involved in that type of nonsense being called a 1st app or cameo. I don’t care what anyone else does I just can’t bring myself to do it lol

Cindy Moons foot vs Jessica Cruz arm

1 Like

The cameo may or may not take off. It is nice to know about it and own a few copies just in case.

3 Likes

I think so, too. When retailers are prepared, I try to avoid the book.

Cameos also usually matter more with DC. With Marvel, it’s all about the full appearance.

Well if I remember correctly wasn’t Darkseid’s first appearance also on a screen in a single panel (in Jimmy Olsen) and that is the book that commands bigger bucks than his first full. Maybe this is some kind of tribute to on-screen cameos!

1 Like

Except that Darkseid spoke, affected the story, and wax named. Wayyyy different than the Flatline “appearance”. I also don’t count Jessica Cruz’s hand as an appearance either.

2 Likes

Yep, I recall that and take your point, However, even the most ardent supporter of this cannot argue it’s any more than a cameo surely? Don’t think the market will care one bit though!

I was being a bit tongue in cheek about mentioning it btw. And I definitely agree that Jessica Cruz’s first appearance was JL #31!

1 Like

I do agree that is just a cameo, and don’t call me Shirley.

2 Likes

Glad someone pointed out the wrap around cover with Flatline on it. Cover A is solid but the wrap around will be the one out the 3 in my opinion.

4 Likes

Preview

Yep, that’s the one amongst the standard covers…first and first cover wrapped up in one!

2 Likes

Just had a thought, does anyone know if this is a first full for Flatline, or just another cameo. I’ve assumed it was the former, but after looking at that preview I wonder if that one featured panel is the only one?

@Chudders 1st full

1 Like

Thanks mate - much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

“New villains abound with the debuts of Miracle Molly in Batman #108, Heartless in Nightwing #80, and Flatline in Robin #2!”

This is directly from the DC Connect Catalog for March.

LMAO, dude DC is such a joke. This just solidifies her first app in Detective 1034. I said it before, but DC are the Masters of killing their own spec.

1 Like

Ooops…hope this isn’t right. I’ve bought a couple of 1:25s and a few standard covers too…aaarrrgghhh

1 Like