Robin King 1st App?

Is Robin King going to show up in Death Metal #3 (because he is on the cover) or Death Metal: Legend of the Dark Knights? I’m pretty sure there are no tie ins because all other titles are currently involved with the joker war story line.

There’s 3 one shots coming too

1 Like

I know of Legends of the Dark Knights but which are the other 2?

1 Like

I think the justice league death metal tie ins may have some importance.

1 Like

There’s a bunch of one shots.

Legends
Trinity
Speed Metal
Multiverses End
Robin King
Rise of the New God

I haven’t looked at DC releases that far out yet but at least Justice League is tying in as well.

1 Like

Robin King is also on the Legends 1:25 cover

1 Like

If we look at the solicitations for Legends, it makes it seem like that will feature his origin story. Does that mean we can expect his first app on Death metal #3 since he is on the cover of the federici variant?

2 Likes

Until the spoilers come out next week on Legends, your guess is as good as anyones. Buy both to be safe.

Adding him to the cover of the 1:25 for Legends could be telling, or it could just be his origin.

Many would argue his first app as Robin King is DM2 as he’s offered the promotion and accepts it. That probably means more then putting on the crown. But you never know which way the market will go. Buy all 3 for cover (or 30% off if you preordered) and let the market play out. Lately cover seems more important then story so that Federicci DM3 cover or the Legends 1:25 will likely be the early winners. Federicci is sold out most places and that Legends 1:25 was being listed at 2-3 times ratio and selling most places.

2 Likes

Sounds like we’ll get his origin in the October Robin King book, but suspect we’ll get a cameo and first full prior to that.

The origin seems to be in next weeks Legends.

“ The DC Universe has become engulfed by the Dark Multiverse, where demons dwell and reality is overrun by monstrous versions of the Dark Knight, all ruled by the Batman Who Laughs. In this collection of short tales, learn the terrifying secrets of these new Bats out of hell and other creatures of the night like Robin King, whose origin is just the worst! Plus, read about the secret buried beneath Castle Bat, the sentient Batmobile, and…how did Batman turn into a dinosaur? ONE-SHOT | ON SALE 07.29.20”

That’s what I was thinking but I think Legends comes out a week before Death Metal

1 Like

Can you even pre-order the Robin King book ? I can’t seem to find it.

The Robin King one shot? It was just solicited a few days ago for October. I don’t think most sites have the October books up yet.

Yes. Thank you. I am trying to piece together the key issues here to purchase, as I do believe covering your Bases makes sense.

I think the original Metal #2 will be the winner for Robin King the Mattina 3rd print has Batman Who Laughs and the Robins on the cover. It is first appearance of the Robin Goblins and a cameo of Batman Who Laughs released on the same day of TT#12. TT#12 is the opposite Full Batman Who Laughs cameo of the Robins.

Definitely Metal 2 is another candidate as well.

Or it gets treated like ASM 344 instead of ASM 361 as he wasn’t “Robin King” yet. Hard to say.

Buy them all!

The most likely scenario is we all forget about Robin King in a few months and none of them will matter. Ha.

Especially with Darkest Knight/BWL still leading the army as the October Solicits still imply, I’m not sure Robin King ever gets fully out of that shadow.

1 Like

For those who are interested…the Matina 3rd print of Metal 2 is still only $10 at Frankies Comics.

Damian Wayne of Earth 22 was the “Dark Goblin”. He dies in suicide squad 32And the theory is the other four are all Jason Todd’s from different dimensions.

But why can’t the robin king be an even darker form of Damian Wayne from another dimension? An even darker one? It influenced by the phrase “crow bar”

Preorders for Oct should up by this wknd or after Mon FOC.