Robin King 1st App?

Well to be fair, DM3 isn’t released yet. Of course there will be more Legends on ebay.

1 Like

And first (typically full) appearance is the single biggest cause of demand in the industry. So unless the market gets behind DM3 as first full and not Legends, I can’t see DM3 having more demand.

The only thing I can see possibly winning over some is the Federici variant… yes, DM3 might be deemed first full as Robin King and there might be a crap ton more than Legends… but… it’ll be interesting to see how the market decides. Right now you can buy Legends for cheaper than DM3 Federici on the secondary market… :wink:

In my opinion, the Federici is the only DM3 that will be worth going after.

My long-term guess is:

1. Legends 1:25 (this book will probably become a Top 10, perhaps Top 5, modern book)
  2. Legends First print
  3. DM3 Federici
2 Likes

6 panels of Robin King in costume + full origin of Robin King in Legends there’s not much to debate unless 79% of all first full appearances are wrongly viewed by the comic collecting community as a whole.

4 Likes

The only thing DM#3 has going for it is the C cover was changed from the Opena cover to the Robin King cover during FOC so some retailers might not of changed their orders to get more of the Robin King cover and probably got a ton of A covers. Because Poyo says bet on cover A a lot of retailers don’t buy many B, C, and D covers one day we are all going to find out A covers make up 80% of print runs making B,C,D,E,F,G covers rarer than 2nd and 3rd print 1:25 variants. So even though DM#3 cover C was an open order book it’s probably a 1:15 to 1:25 cover ratio when compared to the rest of the covers.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how you couldn’t see Legends as a full. It doesn’t matter if DM3 has more, Legends still meets full criteria.

Legends is released, DM3 is not. Simple supply and demand as you love to point out.

And you are trying to compare a variant with the character on the cover vs a cover A without the cover. How’s that DM 3 cover A doing? Cover price everywhere? How’s the Federicci with RK on the cover doing Vs the 1:25 with Legends with RK on the cover doing? ;-).

The Federicci change was a decent bit prior to FOC I believe. I’m sure it was plenty ordered.

One thing is for sure, in the late fall all these will have tanked after Darkest Knight kills RK and it’s onto Knull mania. Long live Cates. Right @Alana?

If A cover is 80%, B cover 20%, that’s still a 4:1 ratio…not close to a 1:25. :wink:

On a 1:25, A cover is 96% of the print run. (Assuming no other variants) if my memory of statistics isn’t falling me (which is very possible). And the actual percent would actually be much higher as not all stores order 25 copies. It’s not a true 25:1 ratio.

But these things matter very little with value. It all comes down to demand.

1 Like

I was wondering if Robin King will be killed off at some point. He seems set up to meet the fate of the likes of King Joffrey Baratheon.

I mentioned this earlier in this never ending thread, is what scares me the most on Robin King spec is he isn’t THE big bad in the story.

It’s still BWL/Darkest Knight. RK appears to be his soldier. And what #2 villain has ever held long term value? Joker, Darkseid, BWL, Knull, pick your favorite villain, are all THE big bad in most stories they are in.

Granted they could have RK take over for BWL/DK, but I can’t see them giving up on the draw that is BWL.

1 Like

Based on Snyder’s description of RK, he see’s him as being “bigger” than BWL.

You mean the guy trying to sell his current series? :wink:

1 Like

Valid point, but still a possible peak into the future.

I had pre-ordered, before FOC, several copies of the Momoko Horizon #1. They shipped me one. I hate that they have been limiting my orders lately, pre-foc orders at that.

I ordered 2 of the Momoko Horizon (on 5/30) and they shipped me both.

The cover A I ordered 2 the same day, they shipped me one.

Oh I preorder 3 copies

was just surveying the land. Got one on order from my LCS was tryna grab a couple more but I’m straight.

I guess my wording made it seem like it’s not… as young Bruce Wayne in alternate universe, sure, it’s a full appearance… as Robin King? Meh, I guess in a small sense but he’s evil and we’re just seeing the beginning of a kid dressed up in his Halloween costume calling himself a name he takes on under BWL… I really don’t think he becomes the Robin King we’ll all soon see until DM3 and beyond…

I just noticed mine was limited to 1 but the other few I had pre-ordered are still on order as if they’re still planning on fulfilling them at later time. This is first time I’ve ever had books held back from TFAW when pre-ordered. Hmmm…

Coincidence you were just bragging to me about that never happening to you A few days ago? :wink: