Sandman Coming To Netflix

Finally.

Missed picking up the series in my teens when I worked at a LCS but read the HCs. Luckily picked up 2-50 for under $100 a few years ago and #1 for $60 which came back a 9.4.

One of those runs where every issue is for keeps and is just excellent story-telling with way-cool characters.

1 Like

I’m going to have to read Sandman.

1 Like

I’ll be honest. I read it and thought it was overrated. It wasn’t bad by any means, but there were very few issues that had me wanting to go directly on to the next one and continue reading.

In other words, it was very easy to put my tablet down while reading it. Based on how much praise this title gets from all the nerds out there, I was quite surprised by this. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Trailer looks good

Dont know much about the Sandman or the associated universe, but I hope it doesnt end up like American Gods. Started watching the latter, and by the end of the series, I was lost. The latter seemed to have lost cohesiveness towards the end. Hope Sandman has some structure and good, interesting storylines.

1 Like

Sandman is a good read.

2 Likes

Sandman was the comic title that those who didn’t bother or care about comics actually read.

2 Likes

Death…

1 Like

This is supposed to be Death from the Sandman series?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

I like free.

Free is a fair price.

The only thing better is when you’re paid to take something off peoples hands!

1 Like

Shops will be charged for shipping I would imagine. Not free to them.

How many copies does each shop get?

Bet some get……allocated!!!

1 Like
3 Likes

It’s starting to look like it might be great. Have been trying not to get my hopes up, but I like the changes they’ve made, and hopefully there’s enough restructuring to make it a decent TV series. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes