Sandman Coming To Netflix

Im definitely looking forward to watching it.

3 Likes

Was that Jack pumpkin head scarecrow from Tim Burtonā€™s Return To Oz?

Thatā€™s Meryvn. Heā€™s a recurring character in the series, and had a limited spin-off. I believe Mark Hamil is doing his voice.

2 Likes

I just recently picked up trades to read after an audible of Act Iā€¦that trailer looks awesome!

im excited, expecting it should be decent. at the very least, much better than the movie version with joseph g levitt would have been.
so much big-time new stuff coming out over just the next couple months: new marvel show, new star wars show, new game of thrones show, new lord of the rings show, and on top of all that we finally get a sandman adaptation.

just read sandman #50 and there are a bunch of great pinups at the end.
table of contents lists nine artists but i couldnā€™t find craig hamiltonā€™s.

1 Like

Sorry in advance if I misunderstood your post, but that last one is definitely Hamiltonā€™s style. I assume it meant Hamilton pencils with Harris inks.

ok awesome thanks for filling that in. i was confused by the number of pinups compared to artists listed. and originally i noticed only harrisā€™ signature on it but hamiltonā€™s is clearly visible, too.

Two clips

4 Likes

I Liked episode 1, I thought they handled that part of the story well. Iā€™m still being cautious about this show though. Iā€™m very worried what the next episodes will hold.

So far so good. I think theyā€™ve done a great job adapting. Iā€™m still only a few episodes in, but I really like it so far.

1 Like

Shows great I love all the nods and Easter eggs. The Kirby Sandman outfit all the Flash, Constantine, Legends of Tomorrow references they did such a great job.

im 4 episodes in and I love it.

The show was great. They did a great job adapting the story. The diner episode was well done so was the episode with Death. Canā€™t wait for season 2.

I never read Sandman but Iā€™m enjoying this series.

It strikes me as ironic that it debuted during all the news of Warner restructuring streaming platforms. This should have been a prestige offering for HBO, but instead they sold it to Netflix.

2 Likes

Netflix was the only company that would spend the kind of money to make Sandman at this level. If HBO had made it, the budget would have been slashed, and it would have looked very different.

It was also pitched at the peak of Game of Thrones too which got expensive as it approached its series finale. Nevertheless, Sandman is still produced by WBTV/DCE.

It felt like it has the same deal with Daredevil.

Show was good. The first half was great. The second half was good, but slow.

https://www.cbr.com/the-sandman-bonus-episode-thousand-cats-calliope-netflix/

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty sweet!