Sandman Coming To Netflix

I am behind. Did they do the Cereal Convention issue?

Yes

I absolutely loved A Dream of A Thousand Cats. I think thatā€™s the first time in my life Iā€™ve found a cartoon that made me feel uncomfortable (I donā€™t know how to use the spoiler tag yet, so I hope you all understand what Iā€™m talking about).

1 Like

Ever seen Cool World? :slight_smile: Both episodes were great; I think Calliope was a bit better, but the cat one was great too.

1 Like

I love cool world. Use to own the soundtrack and listen to it every night when I was going to sleep.

1 Like

I saw, ā€œCool World,ā€ as a kid. I loved the animation mixed with live action. The sex stuff mostly went over my head for years and then once I was older I was like, ā€œMy folks let me watch that?ā€

2 Likes

The score was amazing. That cd is super hard to find because letā€™s face it, other than me who was listening to it.

The movie came out my senior year of high school. I went to see it on a date canā€™t remember who she was but she wanted to see the Brad Pitt movie. I enjoyed the movie.

2 Likes

I have always enjoyed Ralph Bakshi since Lord of the Rings; I am pretty sure I have watched that version at least 30 times before the live action ones. The way he did his orcsā€¦they just look so awful and angry that it was pretty easy to be afraid of the impending arrival.

Bluth and Bakshi really havenā€™t gotten the recognition of going up against Disney and holding their own in the animation world before and during those early computer years.

1000 cats animation matched the mood of the episode and, in a way, is a bit reminiscent of Bakshi, imo.

Iā€™ve yet to read the source material but I really enjoyed the first season.

1 Like

I started rereading it. Need to find my original copies but have been reading the first trade

1 Like
4 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā–  YEA !!! :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::smiley::smiley::smiley::grinning::grinning::grinning::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

Love the 1st season

3 Likes

Took them a while, but I am glad they came to their senses.

Neil Gaiman has confirmed Dead Boy Detectives will be part of the Sandman Universe.

Important to note that this was initially a spin-off from Doom Patrol (HBOMax), but apparently retooled to be part of Sandman now. The main actors playing them in Doom Patrol were recast during pre-production.

2 Likes

Sandman, episode 6 is the most poignant and beautiful episode of anything Iā€™ve ever seen. Ever.

3 Likes