Scorpion Comics Crain negative virgin variant

So yesterday Scorpion released the image for the latest spiderman Crain homage cover. Now as usual they do a 4 day countdown because I guess they think it’s cute and keeps a mystery about the book. Well the response didn’t go entirely as they planned. A lot of people weren’t impressed, and felt it was once again another lazy variant with a low print run that they are asking too much for. But it will sell out as usual, but I did find the humor in their Facebook comment. Almost like it struck a serious nerve. They even went so far as to say they will start deleting comments and users who talk bad about their books :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah pretty much anytime they do the corny countdown thing you know its a another version of the same Crain cover. Back when they released the gold version I commented “just wait for the platinum version” and they got salty and deleted my comment even though it was a joke. Can’t wait for the slightly zoomed in variant version

2 Likes

At least they’re limiting them to 5 per person… but I can’t see those who do like it would buy more than 1… :wink:

2 Likes

Cover art aside, $50 is mind-boggling. When I can get some signed books and sometimes even sketches for less than $50 it puts things into perspective.

5 Likes

Resell value Poyo! The madness

Oof, that ugly.

2 Likes

$50? :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I agree. But they feel like people should just think whatever they put out is the best

$50? Rip-off. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Agreed that $50 is such a rip off. And even more now that they had a little tantrum

I think an appropriate response is to take that feedback in and find another gimmick other than “negative”.

If people are ragging on your cover, it means they don’t like it. As a business your job is to provide what your customers want. If your customers are providing negative feedback, you should pivot.

5 Likes

That’s a shit cover

1 Like

Agreed. If people are trolling, spamming, or just making up things about a business then sure delete/block posts. But if people are just saying they don’t like something or think something is overpriced, don’t get your feelings hurt take the feedback and use it.

5 Likes

But they don’t want that feedback. They just want people to swoon over everything they put out. And limited to 800 copies, and no trade dress, with a buying limit of 5 per customer. Yea you really have been listening to your customers so much.

I have zero interest in the book just FYI. Same with their Disney books recently. In fact my only scorpion books are clayton crain infinity gauntlet books. And I got those off ebay after their release

I have some drawings I did when I was twelve that are limited 1/1 each. Can I get $50 for those?

I’m sure you could!

I don’t HATE it…but I wouldn’t be caught dead paying $50 for it…maybe $5. But I’ve also never heard of Scorpion and have no idea about their marketing practices.

Just get rid of the limit 5 and let comic
Mint swoop them up! Then watch FOMO kick in…

4 Likes

Seems like Scorpion is gonna do another one since they’re doing that countdown crap again

1 Like

Saw it earlier. The responses are quite hilarious