SHE-HULK Disney+ show

Last episode was very good. Completely making fun of the genre and some of the things that the MCU has become. I like that it poked fun at itself. It was rushed and the new character seemed to just there to be there.

1 Like

Iā€™m all for diversifying content, but that last episode was a mess. The whole rehash of the blood was silly. After the revamp, it was still a hot mess. Skaar did not look good at all. Something off about him.

4 Likes

I loved the show up to this episode. It went a little too far being meta. I was having a great time up to when it really got odd. I didnā€™t hate the ample 4th-wall breaking but it thought it was being more clever than it was and created lots of plot holes by her changing stuff. If he never wanted her blood with her edit why did the Wrecking Crew go after her then? Just random little things like thatā€¦

1 Like

Did he not go for the blood with the edit or did the blood just not give him Hulk powers? The 2nd theory would keep the plot together more. I was expecting him to take on the appearance of the Leader but maybe that comes later.

The show doesnā€™t explain the blood at all, or why Titania showed up at the end for zero reasons. Or Daredevil, besides Jen requesting it. We donā€™t truly, ā€œSee,ā€ the climax scene, just the aftermath, which annoys me. We jump from her being upset about the big climax scene to the denouement for it. Also, who is she working for as a lawyer now, did the one place hire her again? Is she freelance? How did she get the charges against her dropped once she found the hateful group? They still made her act enraged and break stuff and rampage! The show is so busy doing a little meta twist that it creates plot holes and runs out of time to answer some basic questions. Again, I loved the show overall but the final episode was not too great for me.

5 Likes

I think She-Hulk was made for one purpose and one purpose only to make us wonder why :thinking::thinking::thinking:

That was the whole point. She changed the narrative from being derivative to what she wanted. She called out how all marvel movies and shows have a certain type of ending and wanted nothing to do with that. It was her show and her life and she got what she wanted. The blood plot line was erased and she didnā€™t need to be saved by men so yeah.

I loved it. It was classic She Hulk at its finest.

6 Likes

I see what youā€™re saying and it makes sense but still left me feeling meh. I loved the show up to this episode and still enjoyed it overall. The finale just left me a little underwhelmed.

1 Like

Totally understand and respect your feelings on it. I definitely get how the show (for others) and the finale for you arenā€™t always going to hit the same as for others.

But back to the bloodā€¦. I didnā€™t think anyone could just inject Hulk blood in them and become a Hulk. I thought genetically blah blah blah first episodeā€¦ oh, Iā€™m too tired to think about it anymore.

1 Like

Yeah the whole blood thing was a little silly. Would have been interesting if the blood was incompatible after injection, resulting in some form of anaphylaxis. The whole show just had way too many plot holes though. Some good bits (DD, Wong), but not enough for me to rate this among the top MCU shows in my list. The CGI throughout felt spotty at best, and the humor often fell flat. The main casting was good but the writing needed workā€¦

2 Likes

Holy cow lol. I swear this entire episode flew over all of yā€™allā€™s heads with your comments. Thatā€™s the entire point, she hulk literally explained that the blood made no sense! Thereā€™s not any deeper meaning, the meaning was she breaks the fourth wall and turns her show into what she wants while calling out how marvel has become derivative/copycat themselves now. I mean it was all literally explained in black and white, donā€™t try to turn she-hulk into some deep psychological allegory.

8 Likes

From a comic spec perspective, the only thing that matters is Skaar! Hope we see more!

because you got the OA of that coverā€¦

OA spec rules! LOL

Seriously, was genuinely surprised to pick up the DPS OA which was used for the 2nd print cover for $500 last year!

2 Likes

I think the blood made plenty of sense thatā€™s how we got Leader in Hulk 2008.

1 Like

This season was really fantastic! Sign me up for a 20 episode season 2.

1 Like

Not really, I got it, just did not like it. DD episode still the best one. Canā€™t wait for his series. Skaar too but hope the improve the CGI

2 Likes

Holy moly that hairline is horrendous, he needs to fire his barber asap

2 Likes