Show off your favorite covers in your collection

I have a raw batgirl 12, won’t be a 9.8 by any means. Spine is a tad rough. But still a lovely cover

1 Like

This is a great topic !!! I don’t know how I didn’t see it sooner.

1 Like

A few more newer-ish ones that I really like:

That Frison We Only Find Them cover might be my single favorite modern cover.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Managed to get one of these from Italy that graded 9.8 I have another I am waiting to submit. Milo Manara exclusive that took a lot of legwork to get in high grade. Each of the covers in the series are located in a different Italian city

Also love this Dell Otto Superman from the same series. Just love having and looking at this work.

3 Likes

These are some of my favs, from two of my favourite creators…
Screenshot_20210220-135946

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

That Shannon Maer cover is great!

7 Likes

Not a fan of Peach momoko,but this Archie cover is beautiful!

2 Likes

Myron breaking out the OA… gorgeous stuff, bud…love the AH! Scarlet Witch. :eyes:

2 Likes

How do you know it’s an Archie book? :wink:

1 Like

Because I have the book.

2 Likes

It’s why if I’m getting a store variant I usually opt for the trade dress. I have a bunch of Daredevil Newsstands that don’t have the number on the cover and I don’t like it. Had to write the number in pencil on the back of the board.

When I first got back into reading and collecting comics, about 5 years ago after a 25 year hiatus, I was enamoured with ‘store exclusives’. They weren’t around in the early 90s (the last time I collected), so they seemed attractive to me…being exclusive and all that jazz.
I quickly learned that the vast majority of these store variants are an overpriced waste of money (from an investment standpoint).
I’ve now purged my collection of almost every store variant that I bought in my first two years of being back into collecting and I can honestly say that very few sold for more than what was payed for them, and listing the virgins is a pain in the ass. Having to open the bag n board and maneuvering things in order to find out what book is in your hands is like pulling my hair. If I wanted art with no trade dress, I would buy actual original art, and not be buying comic books. Real comic books have trade dress.

5 Likes

Some store Variants are worth collecting.I used to buy store variants if they were unique .I don’t buy store variants anymore. I just buy incentive or regular variants.

In my humble opinion, I believe it should come down to personal preference when deciding to buy something to collect. But what you like for your collection. After all, it is your collection. :100:

My statements, here on CHU, should generally put into the context of speculation and investment. :+1: