So, what is the smart play on Punchline?

I agree, but many people pay attention to it regardless.

1 Like

Use it as a tool, but not the only tool in the toolbelt. :wink:

I flipped a set of 89 and am holding 3 9.8 candidates (1 x A, 2 x B). Only have 2 or 3 copies of Hell Arisen 3 and I already pre-sold 2 copies. If the 3rd copy actually shows up, I’ll flip that one too as soon as I can. I really believe Batman 89 is the long term winner, assuming the character doesn’t die. I’m actually thinking she ends up killing Harley (or appears to kill her), which would then make Batman 89 BLOW UP!! Ah the spec game…

An ebay listing shows her on 2 different pages in possibly 6 different panels. That’s full enough for me.

No speaking parts… some might say otherwise… :wink:

Here’s the pages:

2 Likes

Totally. There is a lot of action going on though. Especially, the hand-holding between her and joker albeit a shadow.

Yep…I’ll get them all, but it is Batman 89 and HA#3 for the win here. Everything else will be fodder imo.

2 Likes

This doesn’t show her right foot. When will the first appearance of her right foot be!!!

Hey, we all realize Batman didn’t fully appear until dammed #1 right. Took 80 years of partial appearances to get there…

2 Likes

Batman, “Fully,” appeared in that issue for sure…

1 Like

https://killerspec.com/year-of-the-villain-hell-arisen-3/

Definitely a 1st full appearance

I like how publishers or writers/artists try to tell the fans what is and What is not a first cameo or full appearance…step aside and let the nerds decide!

Yeah, by throwing our money at the one we think is the “first true” appearance… :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t start making up another type of first…

Ah, what the hell. Make up all the terms you want.

First cameo
First full
First reveal
First true
First significant
First relevant
First in shadow
First as baby
First as adolescent
First as adult
First appearance in costume
First appearance OF the costume (worn by trick or treaters)

Whatever you need to do to justify spending more than manufacturers suggested retail price for that funny book, pal!

1 Like

You forgot Tynion’s new…

First body appearance

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ah yes!

Which circles back to my comments about punchline’s right foot not being revealed…

Exactly… and does body include the head? We really need to get these all defined so we can be perfectly sure.

You forgot one … first in Mothers Womb … I’ll even cite an example :: Amazing Spiderman #261 … Norman Osborn … :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

First headshot.

I’d consider that a First Full for sure. She appears in several panels on different pages. Although she doesn’t talk.