So, what is the smart play on Punchline?

Batman, “Fully,” appeared in that issue for sure…

1 Like

https://killerspec.com/year-of-the-villain-hell-arisen-3/

Definitely a 1st full appearance

I like how publishers or writers/artists try to tell the fans what is and What is not a first cameo or full appearance…step aside and let the nerds decide!

Yeah, by throwing our money at the one we think is the “first true” appearance… :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t start making up another type of first…

Ah, what the hell. Make up all the terms you want.

First cameo
First full
First reveal
First true
First significant
First relevant
First in shadow
First as baby
First as adolescent
First as adult
First appearance in costume
First appearance OF the costume (worn by trick or treaters)

Whatever you need to do to justify spending more than manufacturers suggested retail price for that funny book, pal!

1 Like

You forgot Tynion’s new…

First body appearance

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ah yes!

Which circles back to my comments about punchline’s right foot not being revealed…

Exactly… and does body include the head? We really need to get these all defined so we can be perfectly sure.

You forgot one … first in Mothers Womb … I’ll even cite an example :: Amazing Spiderman #261 … Norman Osborn … :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

First headshot.

I’d consider that a First Full for sure. She appears in several panels on different pages. Although she doesn’t talk.

Don’t forget “first time character ‘does something’”

1 Like

Oooh! “Most desirable” appearance…!

:grin:

Add “Cheapest first appearance” as well… :wink:

It was a major online retailer, I preordered slightly after the date but not final cutoff, then they decided there were no extra copies even though I already paid ahead.

Anyway, if anyone on here has an extra Batman 89 they’d sell me, I’d be grateful. If nothing else to have a known source rather than eBay.

Well MCS never listed cover A of HA3 as far
As I can tell.

Cover B was up for $12 for literally 5 seconds as I kept hitting refresh every 2 seconds. Bob The time I got to checkout it was pulled from my cart.

Lol, cover A just went up for $10. Snagged one. And was gone immediately after I closed the sale.

Well played! Just received my cover price copy of Batman 89 today from them (and a perfect copy to boot). I consider that a victory! I have one guaranteed HA3 in my pull box & 3 others via TFAW & an ebay sale (not cancelled yet).

As always, keeping an ear to the ground, chatting with you fine folk, being proactive, & having a good relationship with my shop paid off.

What was also weird was VF copies went up for literally seconds…and then they were gone…

Last week the VF copies of Batman 89 went up for sale first.

Shocked MCS had these books listed for $10 and $12 given current prices. I mean, if you’re going to gouge, gouge big (or go home)!

BTW, more NM copies for $15…but couldn’t check out fast enough…

Update: Now it’s at $20, and I’m walking away!