Solid Blood #17

Curiosity… random new title starting at #17… Kirkman being Kirkman… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It is the “Leonard Part 6” of comic books.

1 Like

I think some of the hype is coming from Bad Ideas The Hero Trade book that came out before. People expecting this to be similar, even though it’s not really and will have way more copies. But unannounced drop of a book (starting at 17 instead of 1) a week before it drops, caused people to be curious about it especially with what happened with The Hero Trade.

Full disclosure: I have no preorders for this book.

2 Likes

And FOMO…

2 Likes

Thanks. I thought I was missing something because I never heard of this comic. If I see one in the wild I might pick it up. I don’t need to get everything out there.

I have 7 copies ordered across 3 retailers. Cover price for all. That’s about the size of a gamble I don’t mind taking. Like I have said on different posts. I typically (though not always) lose on store variants. So I have reallocated those funds to other gambles (like this one).

1 Like

They should be in shops this coming Wednesday… unless I’m mistaken on that.

1 Like

It’s this Wednesday.

1 Like

One ebay seller has now sold 200+ copies (one buyer bought 100). They are power sellers, but I am curious how many TFAW is receiving if this one seller has 200+ to sell.

1 Like

Not as many as this person has sold.

Interesting, normally I would think this was a short-term loan listing. However, the seller has 15000+ feedback and would get destroyed with negatives. So, I am inclined to believe they are actually getting that many. :man_shrugging:

They would have had their invoice as of Wednesday so they would know how many they are getting allowing them to pre-sell copies.

That’s why I’m interested to see what numbers were based on later. The amount we’re getting across our stores doesn’t really line up with any of the bigger Image titles.

My theory is still no single store got a ton, but every store got some. In which case ebay sellers who have multiple storefront accounts with Diamond to GET more of the one-per-store and more of the overship stuff/promo stuff to sell would add up to a higher amount.

Maybe it’s Kirkman’s secret eBay account, where he truly makes most of his money… :wink:

1 Like

I have none coming. I imagine thats the same for other retailers who arent ordering whichever comic it is based off.

I really think with the Invincible show coming out, the fact he and Ryan worked on Invincible together, he states its characters they both wanted to explore together, and that it takes place in space, that this is an Invincible tie in.

Come on it’s a gimmick. Remember how they introduced Sentry at Marvel. Making it seem like some long lost creation This is exactly what this is. A marketing gimmick that’s been done much better before.

2 Likes

I’ve bought several times from billian. Fast secure shipping and books are always nice.

Yeah, that is what I am hearing from my file LCS owner. Sounds like there is a bit of a frenzy for it on the dealer forums. Should be interesting to see what happens next week.

It’s in stock, OPEN order at Diamond all day today. The guy on E-Bay is just selling what he ordered from Diamond shipping in probably Christmas week and then reordering every time he sells 100 until Diamond eventually sells out if they actually do. Most likely only 10 people will get shipped next week from his 10 copies that he gets just like every other store.

2 Likes