Solid Blood #17

Ordered a few more copies through Diamond and upped the limit to 3 per person for a bit if anyone is gambling on this.

2 Likes

Solid Blood #17 at TFAW

2 Likes

I grabbed 2ā€¦ we shall see how it plays out.

I found a stack of comics I drew in 1995 called ā€œButt Cheese #40.ā€ Asking price is $40 to match the issue number. Any takers?

Sold!

Please post pictures of the condition. :wink:

What was the last Image book to hold value due to a ā€˜firstā€™? I canā€™t think of too many outside of TWD and Invincible.

Ice Cream man. I canā€™t believe I sold my #1ā€™s for so cheap.

Update: I though you meant 1st issue. Not 1st appearance. My bad.

2 Likes

@MisfitNJā€¦Which character(s) made their first appearance in Ice Cream Man #1?

Gunslinger Spawn is the only one I can think of outside or TWD (and most of those have significantly dropped from the heyday).

Gunslinger Spawn made his first appearance in 2002. Nearly 20 years ago. TWD debuted in 2003. Not exactly a sign of confidence for Image 1st appearances if we canā€™t come up with something from the last 5-10 years, lol. M2c.

I didnā€™t see a time frame stipulation in your original question thoughā€¦ :thinking:

There wasnā€™t one. Hence why I said it isnā€™t a boost in confidence if we canā€™t think of a more recent one.

Only other Image books that stand out off the top of my head are just #1 books with Saga and Chew, both fetch a pretty pennyā€¦

For the most part, Image puts out mostly garbage. Itā€™s probably 1 out of every 100 titles goes on with overall popularity and staying power (influence), etc.

In there lies my OG point. :100:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been preaching about the ā€œgarbageā€ Image puts out for years as wellā€¦

2 Likes

Lmaoā€¦I thought we were in the Solid Blood thread. My point is directed at the Solid Blood thread. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

They definitely cater to niches with some success though (not spec success). I really like Tartarus, Decorum, and Sea of Stars. These are story-driven books with interesting ensembles of characters, rather than say, character-focused books like Spawn or Savage Dragon. Their (the former) appeal is limited to the audiences that like those types of stories.

1 Like

I can moveā€¦

1 Like

Butt Cheese + condition.