Something is Killing the Children Mask

Here is a link my wife found for an awesome mask/neck gaiter. I got 3 of them. 2 for her and 1 for me lol. Plus all profits go to charity.

I do not support the wearing of neck gaiters. I actually avoid people who wear them as if they had no mask.

And a gaiter isn’t A consistent design with the mask In the comic anyway.

1 Like

Yeah, my wife told me about this last week. So I no longer wear them. But the ones I ordered are going into the display case anyways.

I think it has more to do with the materials used.

“But none of the masks compared with the neck fleece, which had 110 percent droplet transmission (10 percent higher than not wearing a mask).

“The researchers explain how these masks may actually spread more of the virus than not wearing one at all. “We noticed that speaking through some masks (particularly the neck fleece) seemed to disperse the largest droplets into a multitude of smaller droplets … which explains the apparent increase in droplet count relative to no mask in that case,” they write. These small droplets could prove extremely dangerous in terms of transmission. “Considering that smaller particles are airborne longer than large droplets (larger droplets sink faster), the use of such a mask might be counterproductive,” they add.“

“Given the rate of droplet transmission from neck fleeces and bandannas, he suggests that Americans move away from both coverings immediately. “I do think they should be abandoned, especially given that gaiters were shown to increase transmission,” says Adalja. “Not every mask is going to be equivalent. … I think that many people are just wearing these face coverings to check a box and not realizing that in order to serve a purpose they need to be effective.”`

So you’re not going to know which Ones are ok and which ones are not. I just assume all bandannas and gaiters are massless people. Gotta protect yourself.