Spawn #310 Look Ahead

I seen this cover whose the guy?

Didnā€™t they just kill Cogliostro or can he come back to life? I really need to read all the other spawn books.

1 Like

Yeah, that site is nothing but piracyā€¦ We donā€™t recommend or condone such websites for any type of use. Buy your comics to read them, dont use such websites.

If I stream Pirates of the Caribbean from a torrent site is it still piracy or do they cancel each other out?

Idk. I was hoping someone here knew. :wink:

Yes, your a thief.

WTF Ninja Spawn. Ok now itā€™s getting stupid. But if Iā€™m making that $$$, Iā€™ll buy to resell.

1 Like

This is Ninja Spawn on the cover of issue #300 right?

1 Like

Yes, but heā€™s been around for much longer. Yet anothet ā€œfan favoriteā€ to be honest.
While these books/covers will not catch anyone by surprise any longer, as long as McFarlane is doing these key character covers Iā€™d highly recommend getting them (even if a hold).
Iā€™ll continue to emphasize that many Spawn fans arenā€™t necessarily comic collectors per se.
Ninja Spawn, She Spawn, War Spawn, The Freak, & The Redeemer are all characters I always go all in on & thus far it has been a good play. (And sorry if I already posted most of thisā€¦hectic week & I frankly forget what I have/have not mentioned).

Yupā€¦ Canā€™t write good Spawn story, Iā€™ll just make more Spawns of Spawn to sell my booksā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Difference between Kirkman and Toddfather is that Todd has real skill and an organic, rabid fan base and he is not here to exploit his projects or milk them. Hence why Spawn is the only book still priced at $2.99. Spawns publication has a history of doing ā€˜runsā€™ of certain covers.

3 Likes

Wellā€¦ Not a real comparison. Oneā€™s a writer, oneā€™s an artist. And dont go saying Todd writes cause we all know thats not his best skill. In fact his writing sucks for the most part. Kirkman is just a step up thoughā€¦ So overall skills, Iā€™d say they balance out. McFarlane can draw but there are plenty of other and better artists out there.

Pretty sure Kirkman is probably more known than McFarlane though in this current day of age. McFarlane is well known within comic book community while Kirkman is not only known there but in the TV world as well.

Fan base means nothing thoughā€¦ Both are milking that cow when they canā€¦ :innocent:

You are entitled to your opinion, even if it flies in the face of reality. $2.99 cover price is not milking anything. (All in good fun, Poyo, no harm, no foul).:man_shrugging::beers:

The cover price is irrelevant, heā€™s still milking this character every chance he gets. $2.99, $1.99, $5.99ā€¦ cover price doesnā€™t change the fact heā€™s milking it and honestly, thatā€™s fine if people are still willing to buy it. Just like Kirkman, if people buy it, why not right?

Walking Dead = Kirkmanā€™s Cash Cow
Spawn = McFarlaneā€™s Cash Cow

Both of these guys will continue to try and make as much money from their most well known works for as long as possible. Thereā€™s no denying that. See it however you want, I see them both doing the same thing with their creations and product.

1 Like

mcfarlane_cow

Come on McFarlaneā€¦ Milk itā€¦ MILK IT! Squeeze every last dollar out of Spawnā€¦ You Can Do It! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

297 is Ninja Spawns 1st app?

Its relevant to your point. If someone can sell something for $3.99, like the majority of the industry, but only charge $2.99. That is not ā€˜milking the cowā€™, imo. I suppose this is another debate about semantics. What do you mean when you say ā€˜milk the cowā€™? I read that as ā€˜milking it for all itā€™s worthā€™.

Itā€™s not the price that milks the cash cowā€¦ itā€™s the continuation of creating or selling product well beyond itā€™s shelf life in a sense.

The story should have ended long ago with Spawn. But McFarlane is continuing to milk the cow by pushing more and more products based on Spawn. Thatā€™s milking the cash cow. Spawn is McFarlaneā€™s cash cowā€¦

Iā€™m not sure I understand that logic. Hasnā€™t Marvel and DC been milking the same characters for decades? Superman, Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Thor, Green Lantern, Spiderman, X-Men, etcā€¦all been around for decades.

Spawn is still selling books. Why not keep doing it?

2 Likes

Ummm, okay. That is purely subjective, there are a lot of Spawn fans who would disagree with that sentiment. As I said above, youā€™re entitled to your opinion. I wholly disagree with your premise here.

1 Like