Spawn. Batman. McFarlane. Capullo. December

The value of most ratio variants (unless it’s got a first appearance of a character and particularly if they’re on the cover) always drops in value on the secondary market, particularly when there’s ratios above the 1:100 threshold. This and the ratios are going to be easier to obtain. DC/Image are swamping the market with retailers going heavy chasing ratios, acting like consumers. And another note, sadly most if not all ratios for DC and particularly Image always come down in price after the hype on the secondary market. You’re just throwing money away by buying immediately I say.

2 Likes

how are those spawn signed 1:250s doing now

Those were different beasts and weren’t most graded as well?

I’m specifically targeting the 250 ratio.

The Mattina cover is badass

Are these new 1:250 being signed as well? or just 1:250 ratio’s?

The 250, 666, and 1k will be signed.

Geez i just saw the ratios for these. Stores gonna be flooded with Spawn Batman #1s for the next century

2 Likes

This is the type of thing that’s bad for the hobby/industry when retailers chase ratios as if they’re consumers…

3 Likes

these book are dollar bin drek…

retailers will be sitting on unsold copies for decades

If a retailer can sell a couple of in-demand ratios to cover the cost of their order why wouldn’t they?

1 Like

The issue is still them swamping the market with copies that will sit unsold, for weeks, months or years. It’s wasteful. These ratios would be more exclusive if they only bought based on pre-orders to qualify instead of “chasing them” as consumers to sell just the exclusive. It’s the publishers selling more than they should to boost their own numbers. That’s the problem I have… it’s all cheap marketing tricks cause they know retailers fall victim cause they’re weak and can’t help themselves to order more than they can actually sell just to get the “special” copy to sell.

I know a lot of people are dumping on this book and the ratios, but this Fabok 1:25 is stunning.

3 Likes

Storage space. I’d put them out for $1 on release day or as a free bonus for spending $x dollar amount if I was in it just for the high ratios.

2 Likes

Gotta check Diamond terms though. I think I recall once a retailer told me they could not sell new comics for X amount of time lower than what they pay for them at Diamond, or something silly like that.

Joker and Clown babies

1 Like

Jim Lee variant

2 Likes

McFarlane variant

1 Like

The print run is high. Everyone is taking about dollar bins. But I have got to say, this book has some really good covers. I like over half of them enough to want to buy them.

For you big ballers… the ratios available at TFAW:

Batman Spawn #1 (Cover L - 1:25 Joshua Middleton Variant)
Batman Spawn #1 (Cover M - 1:50 Brett Booth Variant)
Batman Spawn #1 (Cover N - 1:100 Jim Lee Variant)
Batman Spawn #1 (Cover O - 1:250 Todd McFarlane Inked Variant)
Batman Spawn #1 (Cover P - 1:666 Todd McFarlane Signed Variant)
Batman Spawn #1 (Cover Q - 1:666 Greg Capullo Signed Variant)

1 Like