Spawn. Batman. McFarlane. Capullo. December

This 5 Words have me hyped beyond belief. Todd, Jim Lee, Capullo all just announced that 12/2022 will be a giant one shot comic drawn by Greg Capullo and inked by the Toddfather. Unsure if it will be adding to the current Batman/Spawn history that they have together but remember that Batman stuck a batarang between Spawn’s eyes and Spawn kept bandage/stitching for years later, so his run in with Batman in Canon.

If Todd does another 1:250 signing this is being purchased without hesitation.

Amazing. I’m hyped AF.

7 Likes

Update: I thought I heard Todd say that he was inking the series, but it turns out he is also writing it according to Screenrant.

Lets just hope its a good story. Cuz we all know the art will be amazing…

2 Likes

Mcfarlane writing it? I’m out.

7 Likes

Yeah, for the love of humanity Todd, just stick to drawing please… :scream:

4 Likes

I’m most excited for Spawn / Batman with Todd doing his first work outside of Image in 30 years ( with the firefighter panel in the 911 book being the lone exception ) and Capullo returning to Batman.

That book will go absolutely ape :poop: once the 1:250 autographed copy is announced. Just look at how King Spawn and Gunslinger did.

IMO, DC killed it with that announcement alone.

Moved…

It will only give false impression on demand for retailers and others chasing the variant. It’s a marketing technique to push publishing numbers but I doubt the non-ratios will go ape shit with demand…

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

@BatmanFan and one other friend of mine are incredibly pumped for this. It’ll be like Christmas for you guys when this comes out!

1 Like

It’ll be releases in December, so maybe it WILL be Christmas.

1 Like

2 Likes

Some more SBMCD pencils!

1 Like

Hopefully I’m lucky enough to find a 1:250 for cheap. I have two kids under 1 year so not a lot of free time. If someone finds a link and can share it I would be eternally greatful.

With that 1:1000, retailers should be pricing that 1:250 for under $150

One would hope. I just need to find a shop that I can preorder from to avoid fighting a crowd.

I wouldnt preorder. Prices are high. Wait until it’s released.

1 Like

I agree. Stores will order heavy and ratio covers should not be too overpriced, maybe even underpriced for the lower ratio ones they order to get the high number ones.

1 Like