Spawn spec... not much mentioned around here

For me, as a long time fan of Spawn, I’ll pick up the ones that are blend of things I enjoy in addition to Spawn.
I’m a big fan of Stegman so I’ll grab the Vanish one.
Same with Ice Cream Man as it’s a title I buy anyway. So I’m not really buying for spec as much as just my fondness of Spawn.

I am feeling some Spawn fatigue though.

With all this other Spawn stuff going on, I’ll continue to make sure I get copies of the other ongoing Spawn titles that aren’t being heavily ordered/less focused on.

5 Likes

spawn spec?
most people buy them for the covers

1 Like

Big Spawn fan since its inception. Thanks for sharing this.

2 Likes

The two that really stood out for me are Art Brut #1 and Eight Billion Genies #7. Honestly though, there are a lot of great covers here.

3 Likes

i still dig Spawn

1 Like

Holy cow. I just saw the list on the main page with all the Spawn covers. That’s…. a long list.

1 Like

Yep…Spawn “spec”…sort of like the kind that involved buying a ton of #306

I’ll let others laugh about Spawn spec while I count my money.

3 Likes

Same boat as you :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Collect what you love and you’ll never get burned.

1 Like

Don’t know much about Spawn spec aside from #9. I remember a few years ago I bought a few copies of 293 which was recalled due to a printing error on the inside. Was supposed to be B&W and it printed in color. Don’t think that’s a very expensive book these days…

The CGC McFarlane books are beginning to be shipped

7 Likes

Those labels look great. The Patient 9 trade dress color matches the label really well… looks more orange than the typical signature series label.

2 Likes

Sweet. I sent in two AMZSM 300’s and two Spawn #1’s to get signed. Looking forward to getting them back with the cool labels.

2 Likes

Anyone preorder this ?

1 Like

Nope!

Too many titles for same character. McFarlane acting like DC and Marvel, we don’t need a dozen different Avenger or Batman titles… same with Spawn!

1 Like

It’s only 2 issues…

Meh… still too many! Just cash grabs. Just write these stories within the main titles I say… :wink:

1 Like

I ordered one.

I’m a sucker for connecting covers and it looks like Mark Brooks has a set for Spawn issues

Spawn #341 (Cover A - Brooks)

Spawn Scorched #17 (Cover A - Brooks)

Gunslinger Spawn #19 (Cover A - Brooks)

King Spawn #21 (Cover A - Brooks)

5 Likes

McFarlane is doing an artist spotlight every month this year. January is David Mack, etc.

1 Like