Spec: Batman X Fortnite Why you should pay attention to this book

If your local store doesnt have anyone actually reading comics then you havent done a good job of cultivating new readers. They are out there.

1 Like

I got sets for my sons who are both under 10. They are pretty pumped off. They had me get a set for their buddy’s B-Day.

My dental hygienist told me she plays and I told her about these. She thought this was awesome (and she’s a big DC fan).

1 Like

Turns out that someone is me. This is now fixed for anyone who wants to order 1 and 2 from unknowncomics.

Issue #3 Jim Lee cover

Looks like they are all up for pre-order now

Batman Fortnite #1
Batman Fortnite #2
Batman Fortnite #3
Batman Fortnite #4
Batman Fortnite #5
Batman Fortnite #6

One of the hardest things to enforce with all the COVID protocols is to ask people to not hang out talking about the comics and stories as long.

We actually almost never have people coming in talking about spec or first appearances and stuff. People who come in specifically for that stuff tend to keep it quiet and on the down low like they have a secret.

Has there been a list of what dlc comes with each issue?

I haven’t heard anything beyond Harley Quinn with issue 1 and I think it’s an armored Batman skin if you unlock all 6.

1 Like

No, no list of what all is included

My younger brother told me him and all his friends rarely play anymore but my guess is there has got to be an average of 5 million players each day so there’s still a big market for this but we’ll have to see

I think someone said that you can get the code from the digital book, if that’s the case then us resellers are out of luck on this
Maybe someone can confirm that for us

I think they’re only in the print edition?

Each issue of Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point will be released day-and-date in print and digital formats, but Fortnite fans will have special incentive to buy the print versions. Each print issue will include a DLC code for a Batman-themed item or costume to use in Fortnite, with the first being a DC Rebirth Harley Quinn costume. Collecting all six codes will allow players to unlock an exclusive “Armored Batman Zero” skin. So yes, you can finally be Batman again in Fortnite, but that privilege requires a certain level of commitment.

Oh, it’s the DC Universe subs that get the codes free:

Alternatively, Zero Point will also be free to read for subscribers of the DC Universe Infinite service, along with the DLC codes.

I do not think there are that many DC Universe Infinite subscribers. I know people said they would sign up to get them for free but not sure DC is going to give out a ton of codes to free trial. I bet they will have to pay one month to get the codes.

2 Likes

And, based on pre-sales on eBay… a lot of people seem to just being going the physical book route.

EDIT: the ones there I just don’t get are the people paying for a CGC 9.8 book.

1 Like

I think FOC is tomorrow. I would expect to see an uptick in prices. On a side note, Fortnite Vloggers are starting to talk about it so that is a good thing

1 Like

FOC is tonight

1 Like

And honestly, those selling the guaranteed 9.8’s could be making bank. If they open up all the bags, take out the codes, and submit the books. They have a ton of codes to sell off.

Oh, I get the sellers doing it. It’s the buyers of such a book I can’t wrap my mind around!

1 Like

Did we ever figure out of these were poly bagged?

They are.