Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

Thats the Mondo “Darth Vader Choke Hold” Hand pose by Lee Inhyuk

1 Like

He’s saying “come hither”

Hmmmm…not very original…

7 Likes

I hope they change cover art with each print. The printings would make a nice set.

I agree with this personally. Cover A, 1:50, and additional printings.

Also helps that cover a has some of the best art imo

1 Like

Ok, I tend to like Kirkham’s stuff, but after thinking about it, my feelings on this cover have gone from “not terrible” to “this is pretty bad!”

First of all, it looks like he was attempting a JTC/Nakayama negative space motif, but lost confidence at the end and threw a Mythosaur behind and Grogu in front. It all just looks busy and muddled now. Negative space variants work because of their simplicity and the fact that there is so much, you know, negative space.

Second, why would Mando have the Darksaber fully ignited on his back? That makes no sense. Having the blade out while walking around is just a liability.

Third, why does he have the old chest plate when he clearly had a full suit of Beskar at the point in the story where he had the Darksaber?

Fourth, just to pile on, is his head a little small?

Again, I tend to like Kirkham’s stuff, but this is pretty weak.

4 Likes

Low blow, man. Low blow.

5th mando is packing a 12 gauge shotgun

3 Likes

I like that clean Duursema one.

Yeah, I honestly can’t believe Lucasfilm let this cover slide. There are some glaring issues with it.

Also, the rifle that is supposedly on his back isn’t strapped to the slot on his bandolier on the front:

I need to stop looking at this. I’m just going to get really upset if I keep looking.

1 Like

I’m not seeing anything better than the A cover so far. But I like Granov.

1 Like

I should have noted the seller. Slab City. Trade and Virgin available.

Here’s what first comes up when you
Google slab city…

1 Like

still would have a better chance of receiving than Comicxposure…

1 Like

I’m pissed the Duursema is comicxposure.

1 Like

https://www.shopdisney.com/star-wars-droid-factory-walt-disney-world-50th-anniversary-figure-r2-w50-461033028803.html?isProductSearch=1&plpPosition=1&searchType=regular

3 Likes

Midtown will likely carry them…but still may have their logo on it…

Since its a lot - I put this together for anyone who wants everything in one place

2 Likes

We should do a Mando Madness bracket. Pair up the different covers and vote on which one advances to the next round.

There can only be one…!

3 Likes