Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

That’s being negative sir! :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, we should post things in relation to the topic. We got so many Star Wars topics now and they’re just all getting convoluted at this point.

Also for anyone not aware, if you don’t like a particular forum user, you can click on their profile and can mute or ignore them, depending on your preferences.

The image is just an example, I’m not implying for people to block drunkwooky

1 Like

Vader is practicing for his puppet show. Gotta love his commitment to his hobbies.

1 Like

Ok. Asking everyone to take a step back for a few minutes. No need for the back and forth.

3 Likes

What thread should exclusive be posted in? The only one I see is “we all hate store variants but…” which implies I like the store variant which I dont always do.

Or if people prefer I can avoid posting about them here since it seems people don’t like them on this board.

Start a new Convention Exclusive then if you feel it deserves it perhaps.

We do have a Nycc 2022 - #18 by Anthony topic as well.

I tend to agree with drunkwooky that things get pretty negative quickly here. I find myself hesitant to post things sometimes, because even though I’d just be posting for others’ visibility, it turns negative and judgy right away.

Just keep in mind that because you (in the most general, not pointed at anyone sense) vehemently dislike something, that doesn’t mean everyone does.

Just my two cents. I really value the information shared here, but we need to pump the brakes on the hate a little.

3 Likes

Come on, let’s get back on topic. If you think someone is being negative as it’s off topic or inappropriate, flag the posts, it’s why we have a moderation system with flag capabilities.

1 Like

notice how this one from galaxycon has no store logo, just the con logo

At first I thought back to the Disney’s first attempt at horror movies “Mr. Boogedy”…but he looks more like a Palpatine knockoff…

1 Like

I was flagged last week!

It was an honest mistake on my part…I was ok with the reason once I understood what I didn’t know.

It’s all good. I’m a big boy, I can take it! My underroos wont get knotted!

Now carry on (topic).

1 Like

I think it’s just splitting hairs tbh. The only difference is the Galaxycon one was done through the con itself and sold directly by the people running the con. The NYCC ones are done as an exclusive FOR NYCC and sold AT NYCC but not directly BY NYCC.

Stores don’t NEED to put their name on the back of exclusives for a lot of publishers, but there are a few cons I know of where they require stores to put their name on the back as well because they don’t want fans to think they were the ones who created/sold it. Plus NOT putting your store name on the back is stupid because it’s literally free advertising.

In terms of the specific Mayhew one here, I think the bigger complaint I’d have (aside from the art re-use being kind of lazy) is the fact that as far as I can see on their sites, the previous A/B covers for DV 25 never even hinted at another version coming for NYCC, so it’s a bad look to have fans buy those versions then later drop a third version they have to track down or they suddenly don’t have the full set they thought they had.

2 Likes

If you do flag, explain the reasons if the default options are not good in detailing why you are flagging. Like in some instances, I’ve seen people get flagged as inappropriate when its clearly another member making a joke or expressing sarcasm. This is an online community for “discussions”, it doesn’t have to always be “to the point” and always “everything is perfect in the world type of responses” with nothing else being able to discuss.

Okay, I’m done with what one could call “common sense” type approach. If you find someone too negative for your taste, ignore them or just mute them so you don’t see their posts. Or flag them if they truly break our rules (just make sure it’s not your own pet peeve type of reaction). It’s a very simple solution I think.

Mayhew does this with most of his exclusives. They ‘sell out’ then the next week a surprise black and white variant drops. He did this a lot with his high republic exclusives.

And all the power to him. I’m surprised at how many still go to his diluted well. But maybe these people buying the books are ok with it.

I’m not…but I haven’t bought one since it’s been going on. So it doesn’t impact me.

If we are going to be on topic I have to say I just wish someone would explain to me what this war in the stars is. Seems popular!

1 Like

Sorry for expressing my opinion. If people felt negative to it, I do appologize. I was just stating what I have seen. Maybe I need to provide more evidence on my opinion before posting. SORRY EVERYONE!!!

3 Likes

Hidden Empire #2 1:25 Lopez

5 Likes

Don’t take it personal as it’s not about one person. But it is annoying when an exclusive is posted and it’s almost always followed with the exact same comments as it completely kills any potential discussion on the topic.

2 Likes

None whatsoever. All good.