Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

this is a fantastic Vader cover, love the troopers. i hope there is a new character but this would def be for the PC.:fire:

I really wish they would have continued the numbering of the series…and not “reboot”.

But a Gist Cobb Vanth cover? Yes please.

5 Likes

So I guess this will be 1st appearance of Cobb Vanth in comics??

3 Likes

Standard format, yes.

1 Like

Saw this morn. Wasnt sure wa shim till the credits

Of course I forgot to mention Zeb…

Isn’t this week the “big reveal” in hidden empire?

Anyone got any leads…issue 4 really pumped up a new character (or maybe identify) was coming in issue 5.

Travel variant looks cool.

What’s a “travel variant?”

That cover is going for around $15 last I checked. If there are any new characters it might be good to pick up.

I haven’t read it. I’ve been told by people who have read it that it’s a big dud, though. Proceed with caution.

3 Likes

That really sucks after all that build up. I feel like a lot of the High Republic hype in general has died off a lot.

You mean Marvel over hypes and under delivers? That’s been happening since 1990

2 Likes

I’m out on nearly all Star Wars titles simply due to the volume. I feel like you’d fill a short box a month just buying new titles.

6 Likes

I filled three short bins of raw volume one High Republic books and one graded bin. I’m still waiting for any to go up in value. I’ve only picked up one or two issues from volume two.

2 Likes

I’m with you on this… volume is enormous.
Now watch, just as I stop (like I did with Spawn starting in the 140s); that’s when they become collectible.

4 Likes

Stopped pre ordering all 40th anniversary rotj variant a few months ago - now just cherry picking them based on cover
solo covers got to wow me for me to touch them
we dont need 3-4+ covers for every title

2 Likes

Same. I have a bunch of HR and HRA volume 1. But, now it’s 2-4 different titles each week, and each book seems to have 3 new characters. At some point over the past year, I just decided to stop paying attention to 95% of them. Instead I’m going after older Vader volumes, things like that.

2 Likes

One of the byproducts of the economy were in, is that buyer behavior, (when it comes to comic speculation), has shifted more towards spec with expected shorter time horizons.

High Republic doesn’t fall into that category at the moment. Star Wars Celebration, Young Jedi Adventures, The Acolyte, or some other development could change that quickly.

It’s a great time to be a buyer.

2 Likes

My fear is i stop cold turkey with this SW deluge, and right after i stop theres a Gunslinger Vader intoduced that has a low print run.

Been there, done that with other titles

1 Like