Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

Haven’t seen any pop up yet, just the toys / models.

1 Like

i dont think will see comics till a week or 2 before

1 Like

Looks like an Exacto knife was used to cut-out pieces of Mando’s body and then pasted at a distance from one another to create the … errrr… ummmm… “effect”

2 Likes

why does mando have a 12ga pump?

I’m going to go 5 copies of each open order cover. We still only seen the A cover?

Forgot about this… gonna short the pride cover and add more of these.

1 Like

Is the 2nd print tied to the 1st prints FOC ? if so, that’s a winner for sure. Thanks !

2nd print isnt even announced yet, and wont be till after 1st print foc.

Trying to track down info on these. I know that one is by Jan Duursema and the other (the one w/ Grogu) is apparently an Altered Reality Entertainment Variant.

I’ve hit them both up for more details. Just wanted to share what I know now. The train keeps rolling.

Update on the Altered Reality Entertainment variant

5 Likes

Trying to figure out if each store exclusive is likely a lower print run that the 1:50.

Each exclusive is min 4000 copies (3000 trade, 1000 Virgin). Which means each store is likely ordering 80 1:50 incentives.

Does anyone know how many store exclusives were up to yet? We have to be close to 20. Which means we’re up to 1600 1:50 incentives from those alone.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the total 1:50s is actually double that too with all the other open order variants.

Looking more and more like the 1:50 isn’t going to be the lowest print run of all variants.

1 Like

I think we’re up to 10 so far. But you gotta think we have a decent amount more on the way.

The lowest run (thus far) that I know of is the Hans virgin at 600.

marvel has a strict 3k/1k order minimum. that store might have sold 600 hans virgins but they ordered at least 1k.

long term cover A and the 1:50 will have highest profit possibilities. print runs were high on hr1 and hra1, both of those have increased in value and will do so more in long term. if your looking for a quick flip this book aint it, if your in it for the long term this is a good book

4 Likes

Unsure if this one was posted previously.

1 Like

I don’t think so…which one is that?

Thats the Mondo “Darth Vader Choke Hold” Hand pose by Lee Inhyuk

1 Like

He’s saying “come hither”

Hmmmm…not very original…

7 Likes

I hope they change cover art with each print. The printings would make a nice set.

I agree with this personally. Cover A, 1:50, and additional printings.

Also helps that cover a has some of the best art imo

1 Like

Ok, I tend to like Kirkham’s stuff, but after thinking about it, my feelings on this cover have gone from “not terrible” to “this is pretty bad!”

First of all, it looks like he was attempting a JTC/Nakayama negative space motif, but lost confidence at the end and threw a Mythosaur behind and Grogu in front. It all just looks busy and muddled now. Negative space variants work because of their simplicity and the fact that there is so much, you know, negative space.

Second, why would Mando have the Darksaber fully ignited on his back? That makes no sense. Having the blade out while walking around is just a liability.

Third, why does he have the old chest plate when he clearly had a full suit of Beskar at the point in the story where he had the Darksaber?

Fourth, just to pile on, is his head a little small?

Again, I tend to like Kirkham’s stuff, but this is pretty weak.

4 Likes