Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

How dare you disagree with me!! My word is law!! Lol.

1 Like

I fully agree and think it’s stupid that the hobby, as a whole, calls a full body, named, talking character a cameo.

1 Like

The terms used in our hobby are literally undefined. There is no universal definition, in the comic hobby, for ‘cameo’, or ‘1st full’. :beers:

1 Like

I really don’t understand the whole “named” thing weighing in on “cameo” versus “full”.

An appearance is a physical thing. Whether a name is yelled out or in narration doesn’t make it any more or less of an a physical thing.

And a cameo is by definition is “ a brief appearance or role.” the size of the panel doesn’t make it any more brief or extended.

I’ll agree the size of the panel and being named can most certainly play into the “desire” for a book as these are attributes which appeal to collectors. But it does not weigh into a cameo vs full argument.

Here is what it is: it is a 1st appearance, last page full panel and named.

2nd print is first cover, reprint of the first appearance.

Anything else is non-factual and opinion based.

Acknowledge it with facts. Next book is a second appearance with more panels.

2 Likes

Agree!

You cannot argue an appearance is not an appearance.

Hulk 180 is wolverines first appearance, single panel and named.

Hulk 181 is the 2nd appearance, multiple panels, and first cover.

Both these facts make both books desirable…and there’s no rule one has to be worth more than the other.

The whole cameo vs. full is a waste of time when you think about it in terms of absolute fact.

But that’s not “fun”, is it? :wink:

3 Likes

loud noises.

1 Like

Not really, there will always be debates. Honestly, cameo, first full are just ways to describe the “appearance”… cameo’s are brief while first full give you more insight into the character showing up, more visibility, more dialogue, etc. In the end, they all come back down to… did they appear in some way? Yes, then it’s either a first, second, third, fourth… and so on…

Cameo, First Full, etc are just describing the type of appearance. Cameo isn’t a great way to describe it because a cameo to me is a character appearing in another’s book.

4 Likes

Something to also consider is that ever since the advent of comic book grading, first covers that display nicely in a slab has changed the market. People want to display iconic and first covers and will pay a premium for it. I’d say it’s almost as important as this silly cameo and first debate.

2 Likes

Back to Star Wars, this is a $100 jump from the one that sold 6 days ago. Sheesh.

5 Likes

For me, its always going to depend on what a buyer sees it as, irrespective of what I want it to be.The buyer will pay accordingly.

And normally it’s a well known character. It’s a horrible description if you ask me. Might as well just call it “brief” or “small” appearance when new characters are introduced.

2 Likes

Or just a “first” appearance…

1 Like

That’s what I’m calling them now… I’m done with the silly games. I’m just going simple stupid when describing the appearance and just calling it how it really is.

Alright… we are drifting off topic.

Star Wars Spec? Keep buying Aphra and Krrsantan appearances and you can’t go wrong! :wink:

4 Likes

Im really interested to see if Vader in Kenobi gives even more juice to Vader 1 from 2015. Not because of Krrsantan but because if they do Vader justice and his role is awesome if that gets some renewed interest in anything Vader. W/ Krrsantan being a nice plus.

I totally want a Darth Vader solo Disney+ series to be honest. They could totally just make him this badass going around the galaxy being Vader. From the time he became Vader until he meets Luke for the first time = lots of story telling. Make some comics with these stories, then use them in the show… Spec Gold!

4 Likes

Yes please.

They need to restore his Bad Ass-ory that the prequels completely undermined….

1 Like

Clone Wars made up for the Anakin malpractice in the prequels. Outside of the comics and limited screen time in Rebels and Rogue One, we haven’t gotten the bad a Sith Lord. Hopefully, this does and maybe allows for a Vader solo series.

More Vader please. He’s the reason I’m into Star Wars. One of the best villains ever created.

5 Likes