Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

Vader and Joker are 1 and 2. Interchangeable.

They are on another tier than everyone else.

1 Like

Arguably a hero as he did bring balance to the force!

I don’t think this, but a friend said it once.

I love Vader, I never got the Joker, just like Harley Quinn. Never understood how he could be a foil to the (greatest detective, highly skilled, and with tons of gadgets) Batman. Atleast, Lex Luthor was a genius, with Superman. IMO, the Batman Who Laughs is a better Joker-type foil.

1 Like

Joker has a way of getting into the Batman’s head. He knows how to play Batman…gets off on driving him insane because no matter how many times Batman puts him away, he finds a way back.

Who is really the insane one here in this relationship? The one who knows he’s mad, or the one that keeps defeating the crazy one with fancy gadgets and detective works thinking this time will be different…?

And if he kills the joker to finally put an end to the insanity…the joker wins.

That is the genius of the jokers character. No matter what Batman does…he can never defeat him.

1 Like

I get it, it just makes … no sense. But I guess its true with every comic arch-villain. I cant remember which storyline, but there was this thing of the Joker being like a virus that affected multiple people, and thats how the Joker kept going. I understand the visuals, but I just cant see how this is a yearly thing or always one of the major Batman storylines - even in the movies. The first app was good, the next OK, now its a yawn. You’d think there would be some other villain that could challenge Batman - I thought BWL could be this, even though DC is over-using him. Harley Quinn is even worse - I just dont get her.

Anyways, I better stick to the thread topic - my favorite shadow might have a cow, and I might get a warning.

I’m going to email Bleeding Stool and start a rumor that Dr Aphra and Black Krrsantan are going to get married and have a baby together.

2 Likes

Better yet - Aphra and Starros get married and adopt Krrsantan.

1 Like

Interspecies relationships - thats Kirkman Invincible type stories.

1 Like

With celebration approaching with a decent likelihood we get an Andor trailer it seems like a no brainer that Rogue One covers will get a nice bump. Ive been getting Cover As for $15 both at comic shops and on ebay (give or take a few bucks)

Even if they never become big money. Going from $15-$20 to $40 or $50 would still nice little win.

2 Likes

Not sure if already posted here so apologies if so but looks like we are getting some new CBE exclusives in May. No clue who that horned lady is on the Obi cover. Will update as soon as I find out.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Man it really brings a smile to my face to see you posting!

7 Likes

Thanks. I’ll be around. I won’t be stepping on @Im_super_into_that 's toes, though.

17 Likes

Easily my favorite Han and Chewie cover so far from an art standpoint

6 Likes

That’s a nice one.

HAN SOLO & CHEWBACCA #5 july 2022
Buck Vancto and Khel Tanna on cover
both 1st app in han/chewy #1

6 Likes

First Bad Batch cover on traditional comic book, Darth Vader 23 Sprouse:

3 Likes

no omega, i’ll grab 2 copies but lack of omega makes me still like the insider 208 cover

2 Likes

Star Wars Darth Vader #23 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)