Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

Not much in this Mandalorian issue is new. However, you might learn a few tidbits about Blurrgs and Beskar you didn’t already know…

3 Likes

4 Likes

Ah yes. The “we may have stolen this episode from Firefly” episode of The Mandalorian.

1 Like

Who told marvel they can go so hard on these Vader covers sheeeesh. That first emperor and Sabe* one :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Edit: Of course it’s our man Rahzzah, we wouldn’t expect anything less.

6 Likes

Sabe looks like she’s got a cold with that red nose.

First Cara Dune cover/appearance is the winner there so far. But not sure the character will ever do anything relevant.

Which cover is that?

I guess that’s not Dune. I forgot there was another woman featured in that episode. Must be her.

I still like the cover, though.

1 Like

Charles Soule on Star Wars Shows You Don’t Like: "it doesn’t matter whether you liked it or not. It happened."

2 Likes

Ooof, that last Mando cover… Din(ner) Djarin.

Yeah, the proportions are way off. Especially, when you look at the end of his rifle.

1 Like

Rahzzah has been steady killing it.

Him Gist Villanelli and Witter just do not miss.

2 Likes

Obi Wan in his CW armor makes me so happy. Also a lil Ahsoka cameo.

You gotta wonder with ahsoka’s popularity why marvel doesn’t milk it. I guess the books they have out there are not good fits for her time frame wise…

They also don’t like to have properties stepping on other active properties. Ahsoka’s is shooting right now, so, they probably want to keep the canon clear of potentially conflicting stories coming out at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah people were already getting butt hurt about the Obi Wan comic not tying in perfectly with the show. Same reason we are not getting new Mando content in comics.

I’ve mentioned this before. It seems very clear there is a very concerted effort not to retell/retcon anything between the comics/shows/movies. Star Wars does not want a multiverse.

Even the legends stuff seems to be off limits at the moment. Have there been any characters that first appeared in Dark Horse comics before they appeared in the movies/shows?

Makes for any Original legends characters suspect spec at this time.

Thrawn

1 Like

Quinlan Vos would be another

Thrawn.

1 Like