Star Wars: Crimson Reign

I’ve seen inside this week’s Crimson Reign #1. Here’s some heads up on things that we didn’t already know from the previews:

1. Chanath Cha plays a large role in the issue along with the brand new character Sear and what looks to be the droid standing next to the Archivist in War of the Bounty Hunters 5. Chanath Cha first appeared in Lando 2 (2015) and first cover Lando 4. Crimson Reign 1 is first full appearance of Archivist, Sear, and this droid. War of the Bounty Hunters 5 was their first cameo.

2. Imara Vex makes his/her first full appearance after the cameo in War of the Bounty Hunters 5. This character is one of the playable characters in the new Star Wars Hunters game.

3. Gyuti, one of the main leaders of Black Sun, shows up again. Not a first, but looks like he’s remaining relevant for now. He made a first cameo in Doctor Aphra 11 (2020) then full appearance in 12.

4. Finally, we get an unmasked Deathstick. This won’t be a big reveal for those who have read up on her backstory, but might be for the casual Star Wars comic reader.

12 Likes

Oooo sounds like it could be a winner!

1 Like

Issue #2 Rahzzah connecting cover:

As connected with issue #1:

One of the new Knights of Ren (as yet unnamed) on the cover (seated). Could be first cover, but we’ve got a lot of unrevealed covers between today and February.

2 Likes

Oh my. Is there a 5 connecting cover display that’s not trash?.. This could be worth it.

2 Likes

I need to keep getting these.

2 Likes

Remember Marvel’s Welcome Home connecting variant that was something like 27 connecting covers?

Here’s ten of them:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?28299-Almost-ALL-of-Marvel�s-LAROCCA-Interlocking-�Welcome-Home�-(to-Star-Wars)-January-Variants-Covers

1 Like

whoah

Missed all those. Have to see if I can get some.

Rahzzah variant is back up on MCS now for those who missed it.

3 Likes

Issue#1 of Crimsom Reign was …. Meh. Boring. Slow. Artwork not all that IMO.

Pass for me.

Star Wars Crimson Reign 2 variants revealed! (1) Giangiodano Warriors of the Dawn variant; (2) Lopez 1:25 variant; (3) Crain Enemies of the Dawn Variant; (4) Anindito connecting Variant; (5) Rahzzah connecting variant! On Sale 2/2/22. FOC 1/3/22

1 Like

who is this?

Sava Madelin Sun, a.k.a. “The Archivist.”

“Sava” is a title like professor in the SW Galaxy.

First unnamed cameo without dialogue in WOBH 5. First full in crimson reign 1.

1 Like

Aphra encounters her pretentious archaeology nemesis next issue.

Their name is Kho Phon Farris. They appeared in a hooded cameo unnamed in Doctor Aphra 16, are going to make their first full appearance in Aphra 17, and should show up again in 19:

8 Likes

Really like the Forbes variant for #17

6 Likes

Feel like I should pick up Aphra 17 to hide away for later.

Really like the Razzah Crimson Reign covers. Getting a full set of those. Was tempted to buy a couple sets but I’m just now getting back in to comics after 20 years away. Hard to get a feel for what’s gonna pop.

1 Like

… she just keeps coming.

That’s what he said.

3 Likes

Cameo: WOBH 5
First full: Crimson Reign 1
First cover (so far): Crimson Reign 3

5 Likes

4 Likes