Star Wars: Crimson Reign

Correct. That is a possibility. FOC has passed on it already and I haven’t seen any other exclusives yet, though. As time goes on, I think the likelihood that shops are waiting to announce decreases.

First, we get a character named “The Archivist” emerging from a Sith AND Jedi holocron. Apparently, the tales told from this holocron change depending on the side of the Force you use to access it from! Next, we get some dialogue from Qi’ra explaining her view of the galaxy, the premise for Crimson Reign, and what her motivations are. This is more than mere exposition. Her take on the galaxy and her goals are truly an intriguing development in Star Wars lore!

Finally, her rogues gallery from War of the Bounty Hunters #5 is in attendance to hear all this and we get some names, at least names to the groups they are part of. 616 Comics and Comics Elite claimed yesterday that this issue will be the first full appearance of a new character named Sear and so far she’s present as a part of Chanath Cha’s “Orphans”. Time will tell if she has more than the previous cameo she had in War of the Bounty Hunters #5.

As we reported before, The Archivist, Sear, Imara Vex, and a number of other yet unnamed members of this rogues gallery made their first unnamed cameo appearance in War of the Bounty Hunters #5.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, Sear didn’t even get her own name bubble in that two-page spread… maybe she won’t amount to much… time will tell. We get the Archivist in this issue though, but not sure if I’m gung-ho on any Sear store exclusives now.

I posted the art for this over in the FOC Mega Topic, but here’s Darth Vader 19 with trade dress:

2 Likes

Star Wars Darth Vader #19 (Dauterman Variant)

Star Wars #19 Sprouse:

1 Like

Props to those artist who can draw spaceships. I’ve been drawing a hammerhead corvette raming into a star destroyer and I just finished the pencils about 2 days ago. It took me almost 3 months to do it. I think it will be my first and last time drawing one. To many measurements lol.

3 Likes

That sounds awesome! But also exhausting. Care to post? Do we have a user art thread on CHU?

1 Like

Yes we do: Calling All Artist

2 Likes

okay so that’s dope. I’m gonna have to dig up some old sketches and post there too.

2 Likes

One of the things I enjoy about Star Wars is that the droids maybe (do?) have more personality than the humans/other characters. That took some doing, since some of them don’t even use words.

1 Like

Are they making it “limited” by destroying copies? Haha…

Probably. This one might overcome my skepticism because their first High Republic exclusive is still selling for bonkers dollars and this issue is supposed to have at least one first appearance in it.

I made an easy $500 from one of the two sets of their #1 I bought. Right now I think their exclusives are hit or miss. I really haven’t checked prices lately. This one looks pretty good. Might be able to make a few bucks off it.

1 Like

Bounty Hunters 19 Sprouse 50th variant

Behold the Millennium Guitar Pick.

5 Likes

Charles Soule will be signing Crimson Reign #1 at Midtown on December 8, 2021. Expect copies to be available on their website soon thereafter.

https://www.facebook.com/events/905925466713156/

2 Likes