Star Wars Hotel - Pricing Released

If you’re extremely motivated and smart or able to generate your own opportunities and take on risk willingly, then feel free to forgo the higher education…

But if you like to half ass things and punch out after 40 hrs better get that bachelors degree…

Yes sir…

I dunno. I think that’s a mischaracterization and generalization. You can’t honestly believe everybody with a bachelor’s degree is an unmotivated half-asser.

Re hours: What’s wrong with wanting to work less hours in the week?

Not saying everyone who has just a bachelors falls into that…just saying having a degree affords you more of a chance to not have to work your tail off and puts you into a position you can choose to have a comfortable life and less stressing about things.

Maybe I was a little more dramatic with my words than factual…:grin:

1 Like
1 Like

A couple years ago I was doing purely contracting and I made more $$ working 15-20 hours a week than I did the previous year with a salaried W2 job and probably clocking in 40-50 hours a week on average.

Right.

Which is why I respect high producers and earners without degrees. While not always the case, it’s often the tougher path. Poyo as an example. Not saying you won’t ever get to a nice comfortable earning spot, but statistically harder.

Taking me for example, yes I am a lawyer. However, more specifically I am a real estate negotiator and transactional lawyer. Yes I have nominal criminal experience, a little IP education, and some other litigation stuff in my past, but none of that is even remotely close to the world I operate in now.

The law degree got me into the position, but I was useless at the beginning before gaining the years of commercial real estate experience. A criminal prosecutor coming in might as well not even have a law degree in practice, other than the fact that it’s required in some narrow circumstances. We have to re educate and retrain that person anyway when they start on.

So, yeah, the issue is as varied and complex as life itself. Probably how you raise and talk to your kids about these options so they go in with full disclosure and understanding is probably more important than what you actually choose in terms of pay for it/don’t pay for it. My parents paid for my bachelor’s (but my mom stole from my bank account the whole time making it sort of moot), then I paid for law school myself. What my parents did not do, however, was discuss options with me. So I spent probably six years fumbling around looking for my path.

The idea of long hours and hard work is really only advantageous to the guy you’re working for. Lot’s of myth swirling around these boot strapping entrepreneurs and their “work ethic.” Sure, those early days of 80 hour weeks and all-nighters to set up Facebook probably sucked, but guaranteed Zucks logs lighter hours now.

Even if he didn’t is sitting in a meeting, fielding questions from Congress, really as taxing as coding for 12 hours straight? It’s a different type of “work” and the compensation is much MUCH MUCH different. Work ethic is a multi-faceted monster.

I bet he clocks more hours actually… he’s that Elon Musk type that truly enjoys punishment by it’s never enough… the work is his life and he doesn’t know how to do anything else even having all the money in the world.

I believe in, work hard, do it right the first time and efficiently so I don’t have to work 80 hours in a week so I can go enjoy life. I’ve pulled my 80-100 hour weeks when shit goes down but nowadays, I work efficiently… I’m seriously typing this while multitasking doing work for my W2 job and all the while doing contract work as well and I’m playing with CHU. :wink:

1 Like

You’re probably right about Zucks. Bad example because he’s wired different.

The point is, the majority of workers in America work for capital owned by people who do not work. At least not work in the way most workers understand work. It’s pretty mind-blowing.

At the end of the day, time is truly a non-renewable resource in your life. Think about who is benefiting from your long hours. Is it you?

College is so damn expensive because it has virtually no competition. The school is guaranteed money from the government no matter what. Taxes, student loans, etc they all funnel to the school. That’s why there are so many University of Phoenix and copies thereof. They have no reason to reduce cost. The simple fact of the matter is that some people just aren’t cutout for school, but by and large if you don’t follow the approved path your almost doomed to be behind the 8-Ball your whole life. Gentrification.

#1 reason for school tuition increase over time is the ratio of $ paid by government vs paid by the student flipped. Paying 85% of costs vs 15% is huge, State schools used to be heavily subsidized by the state but that changed.

I personally was paid to go to college as scholarships exceeded tuition but 6 years later that would not have happened at the same school.

My plan is to win the lottery and live in this hotel for one year.

A ticket for a one-hour trip on Virgin Galactic’s space plane costs $250,000 — that also includes training and a spacesuit. So I guess this is a ‘bargain’ lol.

But you won’t get the full album liner notes, the bonus disc, or the album download code…

Why not have a hotel that costs the standard Disney amount but has, “Star Wars,” decor? It’s still a regular hotel without the fancy themed food or staff pulling a, “Westworld,” and acting like real Star Wars characters but it is Star Wars themed and fun? Then, if folk want to shell out extra cash for quests and special stuff they can? I feel like I should blog about this…

…and here it is.

We shall see what the market decides.

That phrase, work ethic, doesn’t make any sense. Working and ethics are two seperate issues, and someone who doesn’t work at all may have worldly ethics.
Work ethic is a scam phrase used to encourage the 9 to 5ers into the 40 hour, 50 week, North American work expectations. M2c. :man_shrugging:

PS. Trades pay well, and most require no higher education. I’m a carpenter, with only 1 year of university, I do alright for myself, and I try to work as little as possible. I prefer spending my time doing my own thing, whatever that may be for any particular day.

Sounds like this is more of an immersive vacation getaway vs just a hotel.