Star Wars Hotel - Pricing Released

I think if anything last year is going to cause this to shift more for people. You’re going to see folks work at jobs that pay less because of flexibility (like being fully remote) or less hours needeed, and more freedom to just live life and not be stuck in an office or work setting.

2 Likes

I already told my work if you force me to come onsite, as in mandatory (which is messed up since we have telecommute and other 100% remote employees already), I’m going to quit. I’m not going back to sit in a cube to please some manager that never comes to my cube anyways. I’m making plenty of money with side contract gig anyways… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hope you are indicating that you are trying to do your work efficiently to reduce the amount of work, not actually avoiding work you are being paid to do?

As an employer, I see more people expecting to do less work and be paid more for the opportunity. To drunkwooky’s use of work ethic, I don’t feel it is ethical to shirk the work involved in the job you are being paid to do. I see that frequently and consistently in the current workforce, hence the reason a great number of people are just staying home in the US and collecting unemployment, because they don’t have to do a thing for it. That isn’t ethical.

As far as the immersive experience, I would love to try, but that is probably out of my range. At least the wife will confirm that it is. :slight_smile:

I talked to my wife about it tonight. We played the guessing game and she guessed $20,000.00. When I said $6,000, to my surprise she said “oh, we can do that!”

I did not share that opinion and that is not how I expected that conversation to go. I am happy she thinks that, though.

4 Likes

I’ve got some beach front property in Kansas to sell. Great island views, lol.

Please read this as entirely sarcastic and friendly.

3 Likes

I’m a carpenter. If I avoid doing my work, then no work gets done. Homes don’t build themselves and nobody pays for a home that isn’t built. I work for myself, or fir friends with small business’. I got out of the capitslist rat race a looooong time ago. Never been happier, and I earn more now. :beers:

3 Likes

I’m building a path for myself that will require less money earned and hopefully don’t depend on a lot in the next 10 years approaching retirement. A lot of my money I plan on using to travel, make some memories before I turn back into star dust.

It’s funny, in 2016 I did so well financially, while doing my taxes I turned to the wife and told her… We made too much money last year, I’m going to scale back this year… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

One day I wanna say the same…

1 Like

Haven’t quite figured a way out of the mire yet!

1 Like

Yeah I stopped contributing to a 529 and switched to another Roth. Daughter is four at the end of this month. Who knows if she’ll go the traditional route. Trades are going to more and more rare like they’ve been for heard. At least Roth can be used for other items than 529. Sorry for those who aren’t financial nerds, it’s just life for me

1 Like

That’s another reason I didn’t do 529. More choices and freedom with other options out there.

I don’t have kids but when I do the can go army if they want to go to college. My wife disagrees.

Exactly. I can’t match the highest contribution for max deduction. Plus, in 14 years or so who knows what the system looks like. I have a dual undergrad and MBA. Wife also has undergrad and Masters. To assume that Wilk be the landscape of the future is far fetched and silly to me. If I’m throwing Monday at something I’d rather it have better growth, options, and pass generations easier

I used to go to Disney a lot when I was much younger. But now …. It’s such a waste of money.

1 Like

I’d disagree as well. I have an uncle who graduated from West Point and got shipped off to the Gulf War. Every letter he wrote to me while he was over there ended with… “Never Join the Military!” :wink:

I have the upmost respect for those who join and have served, but I took my uncle’s advice.

I was stationed in Hawaii for 3.5 years so my experience may have been different.

Quite honestly, there are so many programs and varied opportunities for young adults to have their college funded that I don’t know that crazy debt is a very smart choice.

My youngest took the time and effort to find a great many avenues of funding and thus far hasn’t paid a dime of his own money for his coursework.

It’s obviously hard to place a positive spin on COVID, but funding for education (at least in my state) blew wide open for college. Tons of money and programs available because of it.

3 Likes

Yup. I have a younger cousin who started college last year and he hasn’t paid a single penny from his pocket. It has all been paid through grants and scholarships. He’s studing to be an anesthesiologist.

1 Like

Not a surprise.

2 Likes

That was short-lived.

2 Likes