Star Wars: The High Republic

Nothing at my Wal-Mart either. It didn’t look like the comics had been restocked in a while. I know there were some new variants in early December, but this is the first I’m hearing of anything new since then.

Nothing at the 2 Walmarts near me. Which is strange, because they ALWAYS have the new Marvel books. Im thinking that this book either hasnt come out yet or the cover is bogus…

1 Like

I’ve noticed that at my Walmart at least, I’ll see postings of the new variants here or elsewhere and then my store will get them a week or two later.

:open_mouth:

They will probably come out later this week or next week after they clear out all the Valentine stuff. I was expecting that they would be listed between $25 to $50 to start. I rather pass on anything more than $15 to $20 if I can’t find them in the wild.

Those two listed are found in Florida so far. I imagine they will appear in other states soon.

Just returned, nothing at mine…still looks like a reset or a complete makeover is coming. Very empty. I have running to do tommorow/off work due to Fed holiday so I’ll check 2 more.
Not too worried about it.
I want another GI Joe F.A.N.G helicopter so I can look for that also.
Grabbed ingredients for Banana splits with the family…beats High Republic anyway!

2 Likes

The ones who find them first always make all the profits, so setting a crazy high price is expected. And with high republic being so hot, it was expected to go high on the price.
Then the market is flooded, and it always settle around $10-$15 plus shipping. The last big one was the purple text venom l. I found 6 of them in my area, and the thor and strange academy from the same shipment are still here

1 Like

Nothing 3 of mine either. Spoke to a manager there and they are a week behind on shipments for anything not holiday stuff.

1 Like

And even if you miss this round they seem to be taking the most popular #1s that sell out, changing the color of the trade dress, then selling those a few months later now. So expect a few rounds of these.

I keep finding that Walmart is restocking the latest 3-packs too…so likely the three per store is now 6 or more per store…

Bottom line, they’re not are scarce as you think…

4 Likes

Yeah, I won’t go crazy. I will stop when I pass by when I head to the supermarket or traveling to work over the next few weeks.

Scarce for those with out Walmarts near them or like my 2 Walmarts who no longer sell cards or comics(manager said theft & damages were an issue). Soooooo if anyone in runs across extra copies let me know please.

4 Likes

Walmart’s by me don’t sell comics either.

I checked mine last night. I go in around 10pm when it’s a ghost town, and due to the location of these being right up front, I can get in and out of there in about 30 seconds.

However, they clearly weren’t restocked yet, as it was all old stuff. Guessing it’ll be later this week.

2 Likes

Post 2301.

Nothing to report. Only entered into one Walmart today. Will try again tomorrow.

2 Likes

How come tfaw doesn’t have HR #1 4th print?

I think @RipCityGamer said they would be up tomorrow.

3 Likes

FOC is not until 2/22…still time

1 Like

Not weighing in either for or against here, just providing info.

I asked if there would be evidence of destruction or donation and they responded:

1 Like

Nothing at my local Walmart yet. I usually have luck there too. I’ll have to check again later this week.

1 Like