Star Wars: The High Republic

they announced a high republic show today, called the acolytes

Sadlemoncomics and 7ate9

Why couldnā€™t that be the 1:25

2 Likes

Depending on how many store variants there are, they may have had to go to the F level talent for the 1:25ā€¦

I am a little pissed with Marvel. My file LCS is likely a medium tier store and I had them ask about doing a store variant when HR was first solicited. They followed up a few times after that and did not receive any response from Marvel. A collector friend and I were willing to back a store variant for them since the profit margin made sense. We had to settle for substantial orders of the regular covers instead. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Exactly, that cover is pretty spectacular IMO. Hard to believe a store got that artwork while the 1:25 has lackluster artwork. :man_shrugging:

Another exclusive by Filoni. Store not listed.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a cool homage to himself lol. I really like it actually.

What is the implication of all these store exclusives? Isnā€™t it generally bad? As it implies a much larger print run?

I was going to load up on the 1:10 variant. But now I may not if the print run is enormous.

Buy the store covers if you like the cover art but buy the regular issued covers for potential spec.

This book was going to have a huge print run regardless, these store exclusives wonā€™t impact it that much.

Iā€™d make a spec exception for that Filoni Variant. He is so engrained in Star Wars fandom now that it has legs.

Hereā€™s one by Camuncoli:

Yepā€¦I rarely buy variants at all now. I will go out of my way a bit for the Filoni if it is practical and not a crazy price or something.

Whereā€™s that always bet on cover A meme when we need it?

always

5 Likes

Yes, the only store exclusive I will try to purchase is the Filoni. Also, all of these store exclusives will definitely increase the print runs of the 1:10 and 1:25 variants.

I pre-ordered a 9.8 #1. Something I do not normally do.

2 Likes

Ah, itā€™s my x-mas presentā€¦ isnā€™t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

ā€˜Tis the season.

For cover a?

Yes. Cover A

I preordered 50 of these along with the 1:10s and 1:25s also snagged a 1:25 from tfaw. Iā€™ve already sold the 1:25s and covered the whole order.

I listed them today. Considering issue 3 sells for $32+ alone I feel like my set is a deal. If they donā€™t in a week, oh well.